This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What movie is it?

EDIT/CHANGE: if possible wants to make this the thread about hey what was that movie!?

I cannot recall the title. But i know that Jungle 2 Jungle disney movie with tim allen based their thing off of this. I SWEAR I SAW IT IN THE THEATERS

It was voiced over, kind of french in origin and was the SAME thing, SAME THING as jungle to jungle only the kid was younger. I swear the man who went to get the young kid was mel gibbson a young mel, or at least his voice.
    The main details being that he was a jerk kind of, his laptop every time it started up had his fiance pop up in a nude/nude-ish pose saying hot for you (keeping in mind this was late 1990's technologies. And the tribes men saw this and killed his battery trying to get "hot for you" to come back up.
    The fiancee to the guy was into the spiritual thing and her teacher or guru was a big fake and near the end before he ditched her she tried to let him stay as he got kicked out or whatever and by then the father was already realizing his mistake.

That and the mother of the young tribesman/boy was called Palicou or Palicoo or something like that. I have not seen jungle to jungle and refuse to as I feel disney ripped off this movie in which I CANNOT RECALL the title. someone help me or please tell me they saw this?

I was in Washington state about 1993-1995 when i saw it. i already looked up on internet movie database so either it was not an american movie listed for mel gibbson or he refuses to let it be known or i have the actor wrong
    Last edited by Midnight12; 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM.

This is the film Jungle 2 Jungle was a remake of:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111543/
    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

thank you! figured more detail the better. you rock!
      Last edited by Midnight12; 01-10-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I saw that too, back when I was a kid. Didn't bother going to see the remake with Tim Allen.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Sorry Lexi but I'm doing a temporary thread jack, I too have a movie that I can not identify. It stars JCVD and it's about a fighting tournament where the prize is a huge, giant gold dragon and he and a couple of his friends try to steal it. However they fail miserably and are held prisoner so now instead of fighting to win the dragon JCVD has to fight to win the freedom of his friends. Every time I try to think of the name my mind goes blank.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Sarah Valentine~

The movie that you are looking for is THE QUEST (1996)

I <3 IMDB!
            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Awesome, thank you.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

thread jack away, changed the main post to ad make it open for anyone who can't figure it out. hehe

Comment

OK, I have one...

Mid- or late-80's horror movie, possibly direct to video. The only thing I can remember about it was this scene that (I think) happened at the very beginning of the movie:

A car with two people (I believe husband and wife, parents of the main character of the movie) is driving up a narrow winding canyon road behind a logging truck. A log flies out of the truck and through the windshield, dispatching the driver in a very bloody manner. The passenger is screaming as the car goes over the edge of the road and explodes.

The rest of the movie is about evil spirits or black magic or a cult or something. Not a great movie but I do want to find it again and see it (I love bad old movies).

And, before you say it, this is not from the movie "Final Destination 2". I saw this film years before the first FD showed up in theaters.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                  X