This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedict

First off....what a silly name for a storm.

Secondly....the forecasters are calling for at least 10" for the nutmeg state....which means my off little town will get only 3-4". (We have an odd wx shield....the towns next to me will get feet, we get inches)

I'll be working from home. (must NOT play WoW....I have to actually work)

Fellow CT folk.....drive safe tomorrow!

EDIT: apparently "Benedict" is a CT name for the storm....possible even just a Channel 3 name.....even sillier
    Last edited by Cat; 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Quoth Cat View Post
    First off....what a silly name for a storm.

<snip>
    EDIT: apparently "Benedict" is a CT name for the storm....possible even just a Channel 3 name.....even sillier
    i saw that and just thought...w.t.f. lol!

as of right now...10:26 pm i heard 10-20" across the state. SO glad im scheduled off tomorrow. my dad and brother have to work though :/
    Last edited by Ree; 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote of entire post

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
      Just curious, but did Channel 3 refer to the previous big storm (first major snow dump of the season) as "Arnold"?
      Last edited by Ree; 01-12-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote of entire post
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Benedict is also the name of a character in Roger Zelazny's 'Amber' series, and not one anyone wants to cross, so I guess it all depends on your context. To me, Benedict is a scary name.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I heard the word "snowmageddon" on the news last night

I just woke up 15 minutes ago, and haven't decided what I want to do. Weather.com says we got 6.7 inches in the last 24 hours. The highway in front of my apartment is white, but the snow looks pretty packed. They're working on the sidewalks in the complex right now (I heard them out front but now they've moved on). Can't see the parking lot where my car is from my window, though, so I don't know what that looks like.

Also, I woke up all sniffly with a bit of a headache and slight sore throat. Which is probably cuz it's cold and dry in here but....bleh.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just curious, but did Channel 3 refer to the previous big storm (first major snow dump of the season) as "Arnold"?
            That would have been funny There was an "A" storm....I think she was Arlene?
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

yeeaaaah, I'm not getting out of here any time soon.

Just went to see what the parking lot looks like...there is about 6 feet of foot-deep snow behind my car, some of it is what the plow didn't get, some of it is what the plow left there. Cleaned off my car (more or less) but actually getting it out is gonna be a pain - because in addition to the snow behind the car, there's also the snow in between it and the car next to it. And I'm not parked on the end of the row so I don't really have a close place to throw it all.

Maybe I'll just take a personal day. And when I go back out to dig I can pop into the office and let them know that it's 63 degrees in my apartment, at 8am. Not good.

Comment

My boos thankfully told everyone to just work from home....even people who don't have the "right" to do so.

If you can take personal day, you should.

syfy seems to be doing a Next Gen marathon....this may be a good dat

Comment

i just woke up. this snow...its a lot, they actually may have predicted too little. my brother was trying to get out this morning, my dad ended up giving him a ride. the front of the house has snow stuck alll over it. lots of highways practically shut down. yet...cvs is open

Comment

Just tried shoveling...owie. I cannot get out onto my porch....good thing I have a side door that the complex crew cleaned off.

My car is buried,,,,I'm either gonna be late tomorrow or not going in again.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                      Just tried shoveling...owie. I cannot get out onto my porch....good thing I have a side door that the complex crew cleaned off.

My car is buried,,,,I'm either gonna be late tomorrow or not going in again.
                      my car is buried at the bottom of the driveway, and my brothers is covered as well blocking mine in. im opening tomorrow. this should be fun.

my brother texted me and said his store has only made $747, while rx has made $40. from 7am to 1pm...totally worth being open

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                        If you can take personal day, you should.
                        I did. And a nap.

I guess I should go see what it looks like now. Hoping the people on either side of me have left so some of the in-between snow will be gone and at least I'll have some room to move.

Comment

Plow guy came 'round.....my car is free!! Neighbors even helped be drive it out.

But that means I'm going into work tomorrw.

Comment

Back in. That was so much easier than last time. Most of what was behind my car was cleared, so all I had to do was just what was behind my tires and underneath the back of the trunk, and some on the passenger side. I was nice and carried it over to the toss it onto the grassy area and not the sidewalk. There was a nice clear spot a few spots over (right next to roomie's car, as it happens) and I was going to move it there so they could clear the rest of my spot, but someone came along and parked there before I could. So I just backed out a little (just to make sure I could) and then pulled it back in.

Then I went into the office, since I was parked right in front of it, told them about the heat problems, and she said someone would be up this afternoon. Hopefully not before roomie gets out of the shower so I can warn her that sketchy-lookin' maintenance guy is coming. >.<

Though at the moment I'm still rather warm. I need a shower.

Comment

Hubby telecommuted today, and will be tomorrow also. We got 24 inches out at the farm so we have a bunch of pissed off poultry.

Hysterically enough we had 2 hens dig their way out of the coop bitching all the while to go to their favorite nesting box [it is mounted on the fence, it is more for summer use. Ghu knows why these particular hens are still laying this late in the winter] and lay their eggs, then bitch their way back to the coop and try to shove their way back in. There is a tiny chicken tunnel and path through the snow

The husky has given up on her dog house and is happily flaked out on a snow bank with a huge doggie smile on her face, and a cow shin bone next to her. I guess that is pretty close to husky heaven.

I spent the day playing EVE Online, and simmering beef stew on the wood stove. No plow went past until about 3 this afternoon.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X