This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumps the Indignant

I'm sitting here on the sofa going thru the CS postings, watching my cat Stumps go from door to door to door.

He wants to be let out. He likes to be able to come and go during the daytime, as he is a very social fellow. Usually, he'll make the rounds of the neighborhood, visiting all my neighbors (who've all remarked on how friendly he is, which is true).

However, we had a major ice storm this week, and the temperature is in the 20's. Normally, I leave the garage door open, and he comes and goes through his kitty door. But it's too cold to do that today.

He's come up to me several times to poke me, as if to say, "Come on! Open the door! I wanna go out!"

He just sat in front of the front door, and is "Humphing" at me.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

My two boy cats are getting cabin fever. I usually take them out on a harness but haven't in a while due to the snow and ice.

Comment

Stumps doesn't have a buddy anymore . . . I had to rehome my other cat, Jasmine, because they were fighting all the time.

They'd really be at each others throats today if I still had her (though in fairness to Stumps, he's never mean, just playful. Jasmine didn't like other cats).

But yeah, Stumps has a major case of cabin fever. I've only let him out for a few minutes over the past two days, when I was out scraping my driveway.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Smudge (youngest) attacked Mickey earlier. No blood or anything, just some hissing, yelling (like that Don Piano cat), and some swipes. I'm keeping them separated for the time being.

Comment

He's looking for the The Door into Summer
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Last storm, Morgan tried to eat the snow thru the window. This storm, both Morg and Riley are just cuddling.

I'd love to let them out (supervised) to see their reactions to actually being in snow.
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My bearded dragon's been doing that, she freaks out and wants to go outside, hubby says one of these days he's going to go set her down in the snow and see how she reacts. Then he'd bring her in, wrap her in a blankie, and set her under the sunlamp so she doesn't get sick.
              My old cat Sabuu loved to play in the snow, he was a black cat and would "hide" in it and sneak around. It was funny.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                He's looking for the The Door into Summer
                He sure is! That's funny that you bring that up: I was telling him last night, "there is no Door into Summer." Great book, from a man who really understands cats.

It finally warmed up enough for me to open the garage door. He's been and out.

"It's cold out there! I'm coming in."

"I'm bored! I'm going out."

"It's cold out there! I'm coming in."

"I'm bored! I'm going out."

Later, rinse, repeat. He literally came in and went out again in less than one minute.

He's still indignant, though. Still looking for the Door into Summer

Comment

In case any of you haven't seen this yet:

Simon's Cat in Snow Business

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

TDF!

I've cats in the past act like this in the snow (Stumps seems to be an old hand at it)

Comment

Yesterday, Oscar (younger boycat) wanted to go outside...

....in the pouring rain.

This morning he kept sucking up to me
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                      X