Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draggar isn't the only one with a small piece of history!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggar isn't the only one with a small piece of history!

this is my latest bike(I now own 6 of them)!

this is one of the first bikes handmade in A New York City basement by a mechanical engineer that realized a woman's body geometry(long legs, short torso) was different enough from a man's(long torso, short legs) that women's bicycles needed a total redesign, not to just take a men's bicycle and shrink down or shorten the frame. She started her own company with the redesign, and manufactured them herself for the first few years(lugged steel, she welded the frames together, and assembled the components, using the highest quality at the time-shimano 600 series, now known as the Ultegra line, which is one step down from the dura-ace that professional racers use). This model(precision) was only manufactured from 1985-1988 and retailed for between $650-$900(adjusted for inflation would be close to $2000 today-I paid $250). It is the original model that started the Terry bicycle company. The paint is perfect and it has less than 800 miles on it. The person I bought it from did contact Georgina Terry to see if she wanted it back, her response was that she remembered building this bike(she didn't make that many back then, being handmade and all), and that it had no place in an exhibit not being ridden.

To me having a bicycle that was built by Georgina Terry is just amazing, I will ride it proudly.

If you notice the tires are two different sizes-700c rear and 24" front, the reason for that is necessary and explained in the above link.
    Attached Files
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Nice find!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
    X