Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be an other-side-of-Wisconsin thing then, because I don't hear it referred to as "hotdish" here.

I associate that term most closely with Minnesota.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm not that far from Minnesota, Irv, as uncomfortable as that makes me

Oh, and you wanted to know what temps? Start on low heat on your stovetop when browning the meat, as you go along, kick it up a notch every few minutes, then once you're making grease, turn it back down to low. The noodles, just follow basic noodle making protocol.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

cooking sherry is godaweful salty and nasty
        A lady at the big wine store here once told my brother to just cook with whatever wine he liked to drink, because most "cooking wine" was awful.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          A lady at the big wine store here once told my brother to just cook with whatever wine he liked to drink, because most "cooking wine" was awful.
          Yes, more often than not it is a swill that was spiced and salted to make it undrinkable and thus untaxable. Keep with a wine that you can drink, even if it was a cheap chardonnay from the clearance bin.
          Back to the OP, congrats, Blas. You just took a big step. Consider a slow cooker. If for any reason that you will have a hot meal waiting for you when you get home. As I once quipped to my MIL, the slow cooker is the busy couple's best friend.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Personally, I find the best part of cooking being having someone to cook for that enjoys it. Its just not as fun if you are the only one eating it.
            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Oh, the hell if it isn't. I hate sharing.

Comment

Our little girl is growing up.

Congrats, the next thing you know you'll be cooking for the parents and boyfriend. Next time put a can of Green Giant sliced mushrooms, maybe a little less marinara and try chuncky salsa (cause you gotta eat your veggies, you do want to growup to be healthy and strong.) Not trying to be an ass but what you made is also known as Hamburger Helper.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                  Not trying to be an ass but what you made is also known as Hamburger Helper.
                  Nah, what she made was lasagna on the cheap, Hamburger Helper is a brand of crap food that needs significantly more doctoring in order to be tasty.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                    Next time put a can of Green Giant sliced mushrooms
                    NO! No, no, no, no, no, no, and NO!

If you want to add mushrooms to the sauce, go right ahead. But buy FRESH mushrooms when at all possible. Canned mushrooms suck great big donkey balls, and I would rather be fungus-free than eat those nasties.

Just one cook's/foodie's personal opinion.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I hate mushrooms, there shall be no such thing. Or onions. Or anything green. Veggies are the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                      X