X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh hey guess what

i'm goin' to school ^_^

well, kinda.

i'm gonna be doing an online program through animal behavior college to become a vet assistant. i'm kinda stoked. well, i'm worried as hell cuz i have to finish before The Hubs gets out of the navy in september (the navy's paying for it, but only as long as he's active duty). my counselor is pretty confident that i can do it, but i'm still worried. my first test is in the first week of february. there are 9 exams and that's pretty much my homework. i'm not sure how often i can take one, but i'm hoping that i can do one every week or so. i also have to do a 90 hour externship in a vet hospital to get my certification. i reeeeally need to start that as soon as i can cuz i have a feeling it's going to take longer than the actually course.
    ugh
    omg
    this thing called "being an adult" and "growing up" is kinda scary...
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Yay! I'm so excited for you!
    Let me know if you need some help or anything you know how to find me.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
      Yay! I'm so excited for you!
      Let me know if you need some help or anything you know how to find me.
      uhm...by stalking you?

^_^

Comment

You know I love you stalking me, I think Lucy loves Ola stalking her too.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

That's totally awesome!

Good luck with it and keep us updated :-)

Comment

That looks really interesting - I would definitely try and get your internship arranged as soon as possible. I don't know what its like where you live, but round here its tough to get work experience with vets. You can also use the experience with actual vets to find out about job opportunties after your course, and what they think of the course, etc.

Best of luck!
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Yayy! Good for you. Good luck and keep us up on how youre doing.

Comment

Sounds like fun! Good luck.

Comment

Good luck and congratulations on this 'growing up' thing!

Definitely try and organise the externship as soon as you can, they're pretty hard to organise here. Hopefully it's much easier to find a placement over there!
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                    That looks really interesting - I would definitely try and get your internship arranged as soon as possible. I don't know what its like where you live, but round here its tough to get work experience with vets. You can also use the experience with actual vets to find out about job opportunties after your course, and what they think of the course, etc.

Best of luck!
                    kay so here's the most awesome thing about this school. they actually have people that set up my externship for me. i've already been in contact with my counselor for it and she's in the process of talking to a couple hospitals about taking me on, even though i haven't even received my books yet (those should be here this week). and i get scrubs. i'm super excited for this!!!

^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X