This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my parents, but they worry me

Have been dealing with my mother for the past hour or so.

My dad (who loves to bowl), was on his way to the bowling alley - at a local Army Base and was between his house in my town & the army base (which is a good 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic/weather conditions/etc., etc.).

So I'm minding my own business. Waiting for Mr. Rum to get home. Annnnndddd ....

Phone Rings!

It's my mom.

My father has been in a car accident.

What I know:

1. My dad was driving to bowling alley.

2. Deer decides it's a good time to go for its nightly jog.

3. Deer hits my Dad's car.

4. Dad cannot get out of his car as the driver's side door is the one the deer decided to run into.

5. Dad had a wandering tow truck guy "offer" to take his car wherever he wanted it taken for $300 USD.

6. Dad called insurance company. He has the towing option with his car insurance so he doesn't need AAA (or any other firms like that).

7. My mom - who doesn't drive at night because she has night blindness - has decided to venture forth from the house and drive and meet up with my Dad who is somewhere between our town & Army Base.

8. Mom will not allow my BIL (Sister's hubs) nor will she allow Mr. Rum to go and get Daddy. (They're the men of the their own households, they can't go out and get hurt too).

So now I'm waiting for my Mother to call to let me know that she's got Dad, they're either on their way home or they're back from their "road trip".

Oi.

I really really really really need a drink.
    Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 01-18-2011, 10:45 PM.

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    2. Deer decides it's a good time to go for its nightly jog commit suicide.

FTFY

Margarita? Beer? Wine? Whiskey?
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
      FTFY

Margarita? Beer? Wine? Whiskey?
      Heh ... thanks for fixing that for me.

And ... YES, PLEASE! All of the above.

Now I know how my parents felt when my sister & I were teenagers.

Comment

UPDATE!

Just got call from my dad.

He was driving the Toyota Prius my parents (used to) own. The driver side door and fender are really damaged. Dad thinks the deer is dead. As far as we know, he is not hurt. Mom is driving them home now.

Car had to be left on side of road. He'll be calling insurance company in the morning.

Comment

Rummy! Have something to drink!
          Glad your dad is alright.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Thanks for the drink links.

And I'm very happy that my Dad is okies too.

But I feel more and more grey hairs coming in.

Comment

I'm glad your folks are ok

Bit of a shame you couldn't take the road kill home and have some lovely venision

Comment

Yeah, even if they could have, I don't think they would have. Venison isn't exactly their cuppa, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to call them in a bit this morning so I can make sure my Dad is actually okies and there's like no bruises or anything on him.

What did tick me off was that my Dad called me when Mom picked him up and I hear Mom in the background: "See! He's not dead!"

Oi. Sarcasm at its finest with my Mom.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  What did tick me off was that my Dad called me when Mom picked him up and I hear Mom in the background: "See! He's not dead!"[/COLOR]
                  LOL, your mum sounds pretty cool actually, although i guess its different when its your parents. Really glad your dad is OK though. You can always get a new car, and deer are, well, deer, but people are not replaceable.

PS. i like venison.
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

I love venison, but I'd never eat roadkill. Not like my cousin who cooked a pheasant hours after her dad hit it. Yuck.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yikes, Rummy! How many years did all of this take off your life?

At least your Dad and Mom are okay . . that's the main thing. The damage to the car sucks, but at least a car can be replaced if it can't be repaired.

Deer are the damndest animals I've ever encountered . . . I've heard of them hitting and flying over vehicles and still able to run away.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Aiiiiiieee. *hugs*
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm glad everyone is ok. Now I don't feel bad for laughing about your post wording.

Comment

The last time I had venison was when I was 10 years old and it was put into chili. I wasn't impressed with it then. However, I wouldn't mind trying it again, so I keep telling hubs he has to go hunting with his dad & his 2 bros and bring us deer meat. Mr. Rum hates hunting and refuses to go.

My parents won't hear anything until tomorrow as to the official status of the car. It's at an autobody shop right now, and the shop is going to be going over the car to see if it can be repaired. If it cannot be then it might be totalled and my parents will get a new car. If they do, my Mom wants a Honda CRV.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes & the relief that my folks are okay. I think I've aged at least a good 10 years, but that's okies ... I'll get back at them.
                            Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 01-21-2011, 02:39 AM. Reason: I can't spell :(

Comment

Working...
                            X