Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't drive either. I have enough health problems to semi-justify it, but the truth it, it scares me witless.

I really like the headphones idea. That usually dissuades people because you look like you're busy/can't be bothered. Even if they come up, it's usually only for a moment.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Try working for bosses who seemed to think that just because they were friendly with my dad that gave them the right to dictate to me when I needed to get my driver's license, how & what I spent my money on, what I did on my time off, etc, etc...And it wasn't just the managers, it was my co-workers too, finally after 8 yrs of being under their thumb I smartened up & moved to GA..And before I left, everyone had the gall to dictate to me how often I had to call & talk to my dad, um NO! I don't think so!
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

CMR, I <3 your avvie. So glad I'm not allergic to Peanut(s). and welcome to CS.com! May you find a bit of solace, camaraderie, and even Zen. Also, I would've ragequit'd in a few months, or told someone off! Kudos for your patience!
        I second the headphones-- you can listen to a lot of cool music off of youtube, watch videos, listen to radios (I have at least six different ones, I usually go with di.fm)... listen to sermons, books, podcasts of bazillion different sorts... so much better than silence sometimes.
        Also, just telling them: "Don't drive, scared to, don't have the money to get another car or insurance, bug off kindly now," might work. Buuutttt they might go "Oh scaredy cat why u scared?" and then you'd have to punch them.
        No knives! >_>
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

You might try saying (heavy as you can on the sarcasm), "If there's anything you want to know, just ask won't you?"

That was rather effective in shutting a previous CW of mine off in mid-flow..........
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            CMR, I <3 your avvie. So glad I'm not allergic to Peanut(s). and welcome to CS.com! May you find a bit of solace, camaraderie, and even Zen. Also, I would've ragequit'd in a few months, or told someone off! Kudos for your patience!
            I second the headphones-- you can listen to a lot of cool music off of youtube, watch videos, listen to radios (I have at least six different ones, I usually go with di.fm)... listen to sermons, books, podcasts of bazillion different sorts... so much better than silence sometimes.
            Also, just telling them: "Don't drive, scared to, don't have the money to get another car or insurance, bug off kindly now," might work. Buuutttt they might go "Oh scaredy cat why u scared?" and then you'd have to punch them.
            No knives! >_>
            Thanks much! Ya know what the sad thing is? I just came from FB & I got an angry message from one of my former supervisors tellin' me I was "in trouble" probably because my dad stopped into the store to get a newspaper or pick up a 'script (I used to work for Christ Vs Satan Pharmacy) & he probably mentioned that I hadn't called in a while You know what I did to that message?? I DELETED it muttering "piss off" under my breath as I did so...She'll have to PROVE that I even received the damned thing

Just slightly OT, but yeah, I have a pet rabbit named Peanut, which I named after Jeff's puppet, but recently I discovered a sit-com called "Dead Like Me" which had Mandy Patinkin in it (who also played Agent Gideon on Criminal Minds) & he called the girl who was the star, Peanut, so now whenever I think of Peanut, I think of MP LOL...crazy huh?
            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
            X