Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge accomplishment! Congratulations on seeing it through despite what sounds like some pretty big obstacles.

Comment

So you specialize in numbers and hot air? Sounds like the IRS.... just teasing.

Wow, karma is working fast today. As I typed that I glanced down and there was a spider walking on my arm.

Anyway congrats and such. I have no idea what that entails, but it sounds a lot more fun than my job of watching an old aluminum plant to make sure it doesn't wander off in the back of someone's truck.
      Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
      Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words!

The study also was based on 2360 data points taken from 118 photos of the Tokyo sky. The spreadsheet ended up being over half a million data entries. the thesis is 186 pages long and drafted 17 times, saved in 7 places.

The thesis itself is a stepping stone (for the PhD, starting in June), and it has not been done in this context before. Basically using a $200 camera to do what a $40,000 piece of overly expensive equipment does, but my way is better.

Comment

Woop woop! Well done for getting your Masters done!!!!

Why would the mods delete it? We also have the bragging base sub forum for things like this. We want to hear about successes!
          Last edited by shadowpanda; 01-20-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Master's degrees are huuuge. *cue streamers, dancing, and much merriment* Good luck on the PhD too!
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

now are you going and finish your doctorate?

Comment

yes, the doctorate will start mid year and will be doing it while I teach (high school)

Comment

Working...
                X