Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm annoyed at the other HOA board members now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm annoyed at the other HOA board members now.

It appears that the other two board members went behind my back to start an extremely strict set of parking rules plus gave the towing company permission to tow just about any car for any reason (this is the same towing company I highly suspect they removed my registration sticker off my work vehicle just so they could tow it - the sticker was on the day before in a vehicle checklist).

I didn't even know anything about this (I knew we had worked on getting permits last year but that stopped last fall) until I got a letter from the management company explaining the new set of rules.

While I do agree with some of them (parking in the fire lane, parking on the grass, parking where there isn't a spot) it's extremely strict. We have a lot of unoccupied units and many of us used them (with the expectation that we won't be able to use them if someone moves in). Not anymore (hmm, I wonder if the president's wife will stop parking in the unoccupied spot, too?).

I took Kiri for a walk though one part of the parking lot - with the new rules, 8 out of 13 cars would be towed. Well, that is if the towing company actually enforces the rules and doesn't just selectively enforce them.

So now I have to park my work vehicle in the guest spots which are NOT as secure where I need to park and with as much as the towing company seems to town on their own accord, it might be too much of a risk so I might have to start leaving it at the office and drive my own car to work (great, there goes a little fringe benefit I get).

And I thought the idea of a board was to discuss things like this with all active members, not just one who wants it their way and the "yes man". I am quite annoyed right now and I even told the president my thoughts about this.
    Last edited by draggar; 01-23-2011, 01:54 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

And here I thought I was going to see a smackdown with you versus the other members of this message board...
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      And here I thought I was going to see a smackdown with you versus the other members of this message board...
      I didn't even think of that!
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

That was my first thought, too, Plaid..!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was wondering whose cornflakes I managed to piss in this week.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Haha I saw the thread title and saw Ree was the last person to post and I thought, "Uh-oh...." o_O
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sheesh, can one of the mods add HOA before board please then? I didn't even think everyone would think I was made at this forum!
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

OK folks, the thread title has been updated so let's get back on topic.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I understand your anger, Dragger.

I like in a community with an HOA. We never really had a problem with them until July of 2006 when I had my daughter. She was a preemie and spend a month in the NICU. Understandably, we spent most of our free time at the hospital. We were home one afternoon when the President of the HOA came over to our house to tell us that our lawn was too long and we needed to mow it. He puffed out his chest and bellowed about how we were breaking HOA rules by not mowing and not edging our lawn, and that he'd fine us or seize our house.

We told him that we were sorry that our lawn was hairy. We told him that we'd just had a baby and she was in the hospital and that we were more concerned about her then the lawn. He made an angry face, yelled at us again to mow our lawn and left. We went out and measured it after he left. It was a whopping 3 inches long. Plus we looked up the HOA rules, and it said no grass longer then 12 inches.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                    I understand your anger, Dragger.

I like in a community with an HOA. We never really had a problem with them until July of 2006 when I had my daughter. She was a preemie and spend a month in the NICU. Understandably, we spent most of our free time at the hospital. We were home one afternoon when the President of the HOA came over to our house to tell us that our lawn was too long and we needed to mow it. He puffed out his chest and bellowed about how we were breaking HOA rules by not mowing and not edging our lawn, and that he'd fine us or seize our house.

We told him that we were sorry that our lawn was hairy. We told him that we'd just had a baby and she was in the hospital and that we were more concerned about her then the lawn. He made an angry face, yelled at us again to mow our lawn and left. We went out and measured it after he left. It was a whopping 3 inches long. Plus we looked up the HOA rules, and it said no grass longer then 12 inches.
                    I think I forgot to mention that I am the VP of the board, the rest of the board members did all this behind my back without even asking my thoughts on the subject.

When I joined the board I expected to be included with all major discussions and decisions. Sure, there are minor ones that two members can get together and discuss but this one is fairly significant.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

What surprises me is that they are ALLOWED to implement these changes without the knowledge/consent of the full board.
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                        What surprises me is that they are ALLOWED to implement these changes without the knowledge/consent of the full board.
                        The bylaws say for things like this a simple majority so technically if the other two worked it all out and both agreed then my vote wouldn't be needed. I'm mainly annoyed that I wasn't even asked.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          We went out and measured it after he left. It was a whopping 3 inches long. Plus we looked up the HOA rules, and it said no grass longer then 12 inches.
                          Evidently in his mind, 3 inches is 12 inches....

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                            Evidently in his mind, 3 inches is 12 inches....
                            Either way, it's still bigger than he is

Seriously though, how petty can someone be? I'd be more concerned if the yard was filled with junk, or the house caving in...than to get upset over the length of someone's grass. Hell, my own lawn sometimes gets pretty long during the summer. What can I say, other than I work full-time, and have to wait until I can borrow my parents' mower. Yeah, I know, but mine finally broke last summer, and I haven't had the cash to buy another one.

Where I live, we don't have an HOA. But, it hasn't stopped the idiots next door to my parents...from making trouble. They've decided to use the borough's various ordinances (most of which aren't enforced) to harass everyone else. Several neighbors have received certified letters for "unsightly objects in the yard" (a kiddie pool leaning against a shed), "junk cars in the driveway" (my parents...when the MG was occasionally outside while being worked on), trailers (the guy who owned a landscaping business next door), etc.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X