This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Geek's catalog - FTW!!!

I've been getting Think Geek's catalog for a while now and normally I quickly browse though it and then toss it. Today, I was about to toss it when I turned it over and saw the front cover. I call this a win.

Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

There's a catalog?

Want...NOW!

I got my awesome calendar from them, it's a demotivator with geeky dates listed. Love!
    "Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine"

Comment

I LOVE think geek. I have a wooden catapult from them and I'm currently waiting for THIS! To show up at my door. It's practical yet cool and should hold some of my photography stuff when I can't carry a bag and am running around like crazy.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I just got that catalog yesterday.

Unfortunately, hubby had to explain the Akira reference... (what?! I havent seen it.. )
        Last edited by Amina516; 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post

I want this!!! I have no use for it but I want it!!!

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
            I want this!!! I have no use for it but I want it!!!
            That's when you think of uses for it, I didn't have a use for it until I measured my small lens and made a use for it. I just got a tracking number for it, sooo excited!
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
              I LOVE think geek. I have a wooden catapult from them and I'm currently waiting for THIS! To show up at my door. It's practical yet cool and should hold some of my photography stuff when I can't carry a bag and am running around like crazy.
              That's the best part of ThinkGeek - they have things that are really cool *AND* useful!
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I just browsed the site for a moment....there are things that scream WANT. *sob*
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I just bought an umbrella from them. The handle lights up.

They forgot to include the batteries but sent them out very fast when I emailed them.

Can't wait for spring...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                    I just got that catalog yesterday.

Unfortunately, hubby had to explain the Akira reference... (what?! I havent seen it.. )
                    Heh, it was actually my first introduction into real anime.

(A word of note to those who haven't seen it, those with weak stomachs might want to avoid it. It's pretty graphic.)

EDIT: I was going through their deals and came across a real gamer's set of dice, suitable for numbering.
                    Last edited by lordlundar; 01-27-2011, 04:31 AM.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh, yeah, that's right. Akira. I'm sitting here thinking "Okay, I've seen the bike. Where?"

Evidently, that movie did much more for everyone else than it did for me. I dunno. It was a long time ago. I was probably drunk off my ass when I watched it.

Comment

'Tis a good and bloody film, worth watching (In japanese screw the dub), in any language. When even Siskel & Ebert admit that it's a good flick, at least you know it must not suck too badly Track down the modern remastered version if you can -- or just borrow it from any anime-geek friend. No need to ask IF they have it; they will. ^_^ It makes for a good drinking game, too...

A bit of advice -- If you have little ones about, put them to bed first. Some of the freakier sequences WILL give them nightmares.

If you end up liking it, the manga has been fully translated; I wanna say the entire series is covered in six nice, thick books. The movie does a good job of summarizing the first book or two, and is as faithful to the source material as any anime I've seen. Naturally, this version is also gritty/bloody/Blade-Runner-ish.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 01-27-2011, 03:48 PM. Reason: manga yo
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There are two versions here in the USA - the original VHS which the dubbing was good but the recent (last 5-6 years) DVD release is far better.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                          X