This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh look, more snow

Left work early....the storm came earlier than expected. The roads were nasty. Everyone on my team bolted at 11am.

This is not a repeat from nearly every other day this month!!

Must remind myself, I have to actually WORK from home....not play WoW.

Though I may hunt down more ebooks for the Nook....hmm....
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I feel for ya. We've been squeaking by relatively easy since the New Year Sleet/Ice/Snow storm......what a nightmare that was! It rained Wednesday/Thursday, then Friday afternoon it started sleeting, then temps plunged to below 0 and it all froze, and then snowed! They even had roads closed off at the bottom of hills. There are hills everywhere here, it's a damn valley!

January has been nothing but Clippers ever since. Annoyance snow. Random trace to two inches. For the first couple weeks of January, it was nearly every day or every other day.

We're supposed to get up to 2 inches tonight and possibly up to 4 on Friday/Saturday.

What really pisses me off is ever since the first Friday of December, it has ALWAYS snowed on Friday or Friday night. EVERY Friday.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

*points at Snowmageddon thread in Sightings*

I'm calling shenanigans on NYC this winter. They fail.

Comment

From the "out of office" emails I'm getting, looks like a good number of people cleared out.

More snow for Friday!! I agree, I hate snow on Fri nights, either I head to the bf's or he heads here....snow on Sat I don't mind....but Fri night? ugh.
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Went to sleep last night, they were predicting rain. Woke up to 3 inches of snow.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

snow can die now.

kthxbai.

*stabs snow*

Comment

about 6" for the overnight...yeah! At least Thurs looks good.

I like snow, I do.....just not this much in a month

Comment

At least 2'......could barley get outside.....car buried. Just txt'd the boss I an NOT coming until noon...and if he doesn't like it.....tough cat poopies

Ok, I exaggerated......only about 15-18" out/...stilll

Comment

Just went to check the parking lot; they haven't even touched the back part where my car is. They cleared the sidewalks all the way around, at least (which they did not do until late afternoon after the first storm) but they didn't actually clear an opening at the end of the sidewalk. But the parking lot is almost a foot deep and my car ain't getting out of that.
                  Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-27-2011, 10:59 AM.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

NYC MTA is shut down. Again.

I'm working on a contingency plan.

As soon as I get my lenses in, I'll take a look outside and see just how bad it is.

Comment

NY/NJ seem to be getting a WI winter, as I'm really having a lot of fun telling my friends from that area on Facebook.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How's the weather been here in northern BC?

Jan 15th: 1 foot of snow, -20 C
                        Jan 16th: 1 foot of snow, -20 C
                        Jan 17th-21st: no new snow, town unable to remove snow (walked to work on Monday, rather than get stuck), -15 C
                        Jan 22nd: no snow, town finally starts cleaning streets off, - 5 C
                        Jan 23rd-26th: + 5 C, streets and alleys filled with slush, weather report is for 1 cm of snow over weekend
                        Jan 27th: - 15 C, 6 inches of snow
                        Jan 28th: - 15 C, 6 inches of snow

I really really really wanted to leave town for the weekend... with the roads so bad I can't.

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                        X