This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What. A. MORON.

Perhaps he's related to the idiots who left a campfire burning down around Panama, NY, some years ago. There's this neat park called Panama Rocks, which besides a lot of old-growth forest, has a bunch of ancient rocks that create a kind of natural maze. Very cool.

We were down there once with some friends and near the parking lot was a campsite with about four people. My sister and I were waiting by the cars and watched these idiots pack up their car (leaving a pile of empty beer bottles behind) and drive off. They left a huge campfire burning merrily away. We waited a while but it was clear there was no one at the site and they weren't coming back, as they'd taken their tents and everything with them. So our group went in and put out the fire.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm glad everybody involved was ok. I hope that douchebag neighbor gets prosecuted, and that everybody hits-up his homeowner's insurance; if he even has it. Let us know what happens!

Burning is supposed to be good for the soil though; free fertilizer!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

A couple of years ago, the idiot across the street from my parents had a brush fire going on, and before it was all the way out, he took his grandson out for ice cream.

Dad noticed a lot of smoke coming from behind the house (thanks to the big windows in front of my parents' place) and he called the fire department. It could have been so much worse than what it had been.

And the dumb fuck came back a while later, looking puzzled as to why the fire department was there.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

it'll be interesting to see when the lawsuits start rolling in...

Comment

It's so funny that you posted this story. My neighbors(fucking morons) not only do they add their trash to mine on trash day(without giving us any money for it) but they also like to start bon fires in their tiny fucking back yard. The space between their fence and house is maybe 10 feet. The other night they burnt up their fence. I also should metion that they like to take firewood out of my brush pile ( without asking). Which wouldn't bother me but they have broken two of my garden gnomes and two of my solar light dragging huge tree limbs through my yard. And they also have run through their car through my back porch. Which I wish the landlord would have sued for. Fucking retards. So yes stupid people are more dangerous.

Comment

I'm just glad you and you're family are alright, RK.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                Not such a bad thing to see a firefighter though, is it? They don't make bad-looking ones, in my experience.
                The first summer I worked at the library, the elevator got stuck at least twice a week. So at least twice a week, the desk ladies and I were treated to seeing the local FD come to the rescue. We determined that it is a requirement for one to be drop dead gorgeous to even consider being a firefighter. Those guys were hawt. 'scuse me while I go find my drool bukkit....

Glad the damage wasn't worse, Kink.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Firefighters have to be very physically fit, continuously. That certainly puts a lower limit on attractiveness, I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
                  X