This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercials You Want to Watch.

This thread happens on a regular basis but I haven't seen it in a while.

Let's have a bit of fun.

I love the Geico commercials that feature a slightly slimy-looking guy posed before a sloppy bunch of brown drapes.

He looks at the camera and makes a pitch for the company. He then asks a question. My favorite is "Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush?"

The scene then changes to a beautiful parody of 'Antiques Road Show'. An ordinary looking woman has brought in an odd thing. It's a white porcelain hand with a brightly painted bird in the palm.

The 'Travelling Appaiser' takes out his little pointer and makes his spiel.

"We rarely find these in such good shape. The fingers are perfect and the bird is in mint condition. If this were to go to auction today, I'd say that , conservatively, it would be worth two in the bush."

The lady's eyes go a little wide, she takes in a bit of breath and says, "R-e-e-ally?"

The whole thing is so gentle and so sweet that I couldn't help liking it.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

1. Denny's new 2468 commercial, and the Nanerpus one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6dPQJc2RA

2. Some kind of loan company. A cupcake bakery owner is talking to the lender about market research for a new cupcake. It shows a couple of people eating the new cupcake- one guy is licking it like an ice cream cone going mmmmmmm.... That is my favorite part.

Comment

This ad for Honda
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

The two beautiful Southern belles sitting down chatting, and the one is telling the other about new Butterfinger snackers, and she has them in a little bowl with a figurine with an umbrella next to it. The other girl says "I think I'll try one", and the figurine's umbrella zaps her finger, and the first girl says "Mmm mmm I think you won't!"

Just cracks me up.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My favorite geico commercial is the one with the 2 woodchucks throwing pieces of wood into the lake and laughing.

An old one but I love the budweiser frogs commercials.
          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
            My favorite geico commercial is the one with the 2 woodchucks throwing pieces of wood into the lake and laughing.

An old one but I love the budweiser frogs commercials.
            I love that Geico commercial.

And I was hoping to be the first to post about the Budweiser frogs. Easily the best commercials ever.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My favorite bud frog is the tongue lashing one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQ_DFsq9G4
              Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

My favorite of the Geico commercials is the pig one. Doesn't matter how bad a mood I'm in, there's something so weirdly mood-lifting and giggle-worthy about a pig going 'Wheeeeeeeeeee!'

There's also this new batch of ridiculously cute commercials by AT&T advertising their newest smart phones. Each one shows a white background and various little blob creatures. My favorite of those, though, has got to be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2e4E9Wk8VM
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I like the Farmer's Insurance commercials (with J.K. Simmons), especially the meatloaf/Meatloaf one.

And I don't know if they even still run them, but I will never get tired of the Old Spice ads with Isaiah Mustafa.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I generally can't stand commercials, but I love the Geico ones with the barbarian guys. The one showing most often now has them in Las Vegas and I love the last bit where the guy fires a cannon and takes out half of a gilded statue over the pool. "Cannonball!"
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                      This ad for Honda
                      Love that one. Also THIS one from Honda, with the choir providing the sound.

EDIT: For shear stupidity, I also love the old Ratchet and Clank commercials, with dumb kids testing the weapons.
                      Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 02-01-2011, 04:43 AM.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

He's back!
                        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

My new favorite is the Snicker's peanut butter squared, the ad with the market research focus group. The group members are sharks taste-testing people. "Oh, yeah, Steve was good." "We really liked Steve." Apparently Steve had eaten a Snicker's squared, and that's why he tasted good. Hilarious.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I generally can't stand commercials, but I love the Geico ones with the barbarian guys. The one showing most often now has them in Las Vegas and I love the last bit where the guy fires a cannon and takes out half of a gilded statue over the pool. "Cannonball!"
                            I think that commercial is for the CapitalOne credit card not Geico insurance. there is a whole series of those "What's in your wallet???" featuring Vikings search YouTube for Capital One Vikings. the whole series over the last 2 or 3 years is getting better esp the goat running gag
                            Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I like the viking/barbarian ones also, and I think the New Orleans one with the goat is adorable.

I like the Geico one with Lincoln and Mary Todd Lincoln does this make my backside look big =)

And as a real blast from the past, the VW ones with Peter Stormare, especially the one with the trebouchet, though I am disappointed that it doesnt get much distance. It looked like a release issue.

Though the Apple Big Brother commercial is amazing.

Wendy's Fashion Show is good =) svimvear ....
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X