This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (D&D) - My set is complete. (pics)

Today I got the expert rules set which completed my set.

Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Those are awesome. The boxes look to be in pretty good condition, considering their age. Do you still play with the original rules?

Comment

I'm not such a fan of the new 4.0, let alone the 4.5 or DnD Essenstials.

I prefer 3.0.

But the new 4.5 uses those covers, as a throwback from the old days.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

There's only one thing I can say...

Nice.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

you even have the Cat!
          Nice books, tho. I have a friend who would be very jealous!
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

*sighs* Would love to play a good game of D&D, been far too long.

It's cool you have your collection complete now though
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
              Those are awesome. The boxes look to be in pretty good condition, considering their age. Do you still play with the original rules?
              My favorite was Spelljammer (what was that, 2E?). No limits to what can happen.

I grew up playing 1E, though. It rocked.

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              you even have the Cat!
              Nice books, tho. I have a friend who would be very jealous!
              Yes, the cat was the hardest part to get. He is a limited edition familiar (the side of the road edition).

Quoth Mytical View Post
              *sighs* Would love to play a good game of D&D, been far too long.

It's cool you have your collection complete now though
              Yes, same here. No one here plays (well, one other person - but he never had the joy of playing with these sets or 2E). Some of us did try a game here but it didn't work out.

3E hurt the game, 4E killed it to me.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I liked the original D&D and AD&D to be honest. Had it's flaws but it was SIMPLE. Before the fire took them all, even had a DM's guide (forget which to be honest..think it was a demon holding a female and a sword???) and Fiend Folio signed by Gary Gygax (supposedly, the autograph was never authenticated). I was heart broken when it went up in flames.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Yes, the cat was the hardest part to get. He is a limited edition familiar (the side of the road edition).

I love it when things are described in gaming terms, and that's just awesome! eee kitty!
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

nice nice, but I raise you... a... munchkin set (runs to hide from goblins tossing tomatoes now)

It really is a nice set you have there.
                    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Ah yes, Minmaxers . I submit for your approval... http://www.goblinscomic.com/

Comment

Woah, 1st edition in good condition, nice! My 1E books are mangled. (given to me by my BiL, who also gave me his set of 2ndE, Final print, aka the black spined books, still in good condition)
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Nice set, draggar.

I wound up trading in my 1st Ed books a while ago, since my friend's gaming store had requests he couldn't fill and I hadn't touched them in over a decade.

For those of you that don't like 4.0 but liked D&D 3.0/3.5, have you tried out Pathfinder? Based on the 3.5 open rules and backwards compatible (takes a bit of reworking.) We switched to Pathfinder and it really is full of awesome.

Comment

I've got those, somewhere. They're falling apart, though. I probably read and re-read them front-to-back several thousand times.

I loved the Basic D&D system back in the day, but now I like more customability in the newer systems like 3.5 and Pathfinder. I like to run some oddball characters, and it keeps players on their toes when that goblin could have ten levels of fighter applied to the template.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              I liked the original D&D and AD&D to be honest. Had it's flaws but it was SIMPLE. Before the fire took them all, even had a DM's guide (forget which to be honest..think it was a demon holding a female and a sword???) and Fiend Folio signed by Gary Gygax (supposedly, the autograph was never authenticated). I was heart broken when it went up in flames.
                              That was first edition (technically not but we won't get into all that). It was the same set as the books with orange on their side binding (with the exception of the fiend folio). 2E and 1E were very interchangeable (Spelljammer was 2E and rocked, IMO).

I also have a Dieties and Demigods with the Cthulju. Plus,

(Yeah, that was a little expensive but worth it)

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                              Woah, 1st edition in good condition, nice! My 1E books are mangled. (given to me by my BiL, who also gave me his set of 2ndE, Final print, aka the black spined books, still in good condition)
                              I was surprised, the Expert set also came with one of the red books (Player's guide, I think).

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              I've got those, somewhere. They're falling apart, though. I probably read and re-read them front-to-back several thousand times.

I loved the Basic D&D system back in the day, but now I like more customability in the newer systems like 3.5 and Pathfinder. I like to run some oddball characters, and it keeps players on their toes when that goblin could have ten levels of fighter applied to the template.
                              They started to lose me at 3E. I have the basic 3E books but they do nothing for me. Nothing beats a classic 1E / 2E game.
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                              X