Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I grew up wanting to play DnD, but my mom belived only like pedophiles played it, so I wasn't allowed to find it, or get the books.

So when I when I met my current group of friends, one of them introduced me to DnD 3.0. It was my first experence. My mom know nows that what she heard was just scare tactics, and she keeps an eye out for anything dnd releated.

So I never got to play 2nd or 1st. Only third. Likely why I love it so much. I own every single 3.0 and 3.5.

Even a few first edition/second edition. I have a deities nad demigods second or first, that has info on Eldric and such.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

*sigh* If there is a little MIT written on the inside upper left corner it is mine and was stolen by an ex roommate back when I lived in Norfolk VA.

[along with 3500 or so painted figures, a hundred or so modules, a complete run of dragon magazine issue 1 to 103, a sealed and an open beta test set from Gencon 1973, a couple hundred assorted dice ....]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        *sigh* If there is a little MIT written on the inside upper left corner it is mine and was stolen by an ex roommate back when I lived in Norfolk VA.

[along with 3500 or so painted figures, a hundred or so modules, a complete run of dragon magazine issue 1 to 103, a sealed and an open beta test set from Gencon 1973, a couple hundred assorted dice ....]
        I bow down to your greatness.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I started with the D&D boxed set, then moved up to AD&D. 2nd ed never did much for me. I'm a huge Greyhawk fan, have every Greyhawk product.

I started gaming when I was 14. I was big into Lord of the Rings at the time, The local bookstore had a display stand with D&D products, and it looked cool, so I asked for it for Christmas. My parents had no idea what gaming was (neither did I), so they got it for me.

I'm still gaming at 45 Haven't played AD&D in years though; switched to Hero System for just about all genres. We play Fantasy Hero in the World of Greyhawk.

I have the Deities and Demigods with Cthulhu, too
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Had everything pre 3.0. Got sacrificed to appease the fire gods (or something). Along with the first comic that Superman appeared in, the first comic Batman appeared in, 250+ poems, and pretty much everything else we owned. Wouldn't even had a Christmas that year if not for a local church. *shrugs*

D&D was ok, but AD&D was much better imo.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Had everything pre 3.0. Got sacrificed to appease the fire gods (or something). Along with the first comic that Superman appeared in, the first comic Batman appeared in, 250+ poems, and pretty much everything else we owned. Wouldn't even had a Christmas that year if not for a local church. *shrugs*

D&D was ok, but AD&D was much better imo.
              You had an Action Comics #1?

So sorry to hear about all your losses . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I agree that AD&D was an improvement over the original D&D, GURPS is pretty good, and very flexible.

Once I discovered RPGs on computer, I never went back. I consider MMORPGs fantastic, I get to play with other people =)
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  They started to lose me at 3E. I have the basic 3E books but they do nothing for me. Nothing beats a classic 1E / 2E game.
                  To each their own. God knows, I've played way too many different dice & pencil games to go all fanboi on someone else's preferance.

I've actually played or GM'd in all of these:

D&D (now known as Basic D&D)
                  AD&D first, second, third, and 3.5 ed.
                  Pathfinder
                  Call of Cthulu
                  Delta Green (CoC modern, basically)
                  Hero
                  Champions
                  Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles
                  Conan
                  Serenity
                  GURPS
                  Car Wars (used GURPS for character stuff)
                  Mekton and Mekton Zeta
                  Middle Earth Role Playing (MERP)
                  Rolemaster
                  Tales of the Floating Vagabond
                  Paranoia
                  Shadowrun
                  Cyberpunk
                  TORG
                  Star Wars WEG d6
                  Star Wars d20
                  Big Eyes, Small Mouth
                  Big Eyes, Small Mouth d20
                  Dominion Tank Police
                  Marvel Super Heroes
                  DC Super Heroes
                  Everstone
                  Pendragon
                  Vampire
                  Werewolf
                  Vampire LARP
                  Street Fighter
                  Toon
                  Dresden Files (well, soon anyway. Waiting for one of the current campaigns to end )
                  Ironclaw
                  Star Frontiers
                  Fading Suns
                  Silent Death (using Mekton Z for out-of-cockpit character bits)
                  Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying
                  Castles & Crusades
                  Warcraft RPG

..and a bunch of games I'll never play/run, but I mine for ideas and homebrew rules.

As you can see, I have no room to pick on anyone for their gaming choices. As long as I have friends and a place to throw dice, I'm a happy geek.
                  Last edited by Geek King; 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Car Wars!!! Steve Jackson games!
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                    X