This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a gym for goodness sake

So I've posted this before but since it happened again Ihave to post it again. I was at the gym the other day and of course I'm dirty and sweaty jogging on the torture machine, err I mean treadmill. In walks these two girls. They of course of designer workout clothes and shoes. They have their hair done like prom and full makeup. I thought god I must look like shit to these girls, in my old worn sweats and stained t shirt.They get on a treadmill for seriously 5 mins and then said this is too hard. Then they get on the ski elliptical machine for 2-3 mins, once again this is too hard.
    And then they stand for 20 mins or more looking at themselves in the mirror, twisting all different ways. I mean really don't dirty up the machines if you're not a serious exciser.

I can't believe some of the girls I see at the gym wearing makeup. Unless they are those lucky little bitches that can sleep and sweat with makeup and not get a zit, then they are just asking for skin problems.

I'm not a looker without makeup and I don't even care. I'm working out.

I wish I could afford some of those cute workout clothes I see girls wearing. But my boobs are too big and I'm not in good enough physical or financial shape to wear stuff like that yet. It's just sweats and wife beaters for me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My money's on that they're just at the gym to pick up guys. Course I've seen guys that look like that's why they're at the gym too... Go to the gym to work out for crying out loud, otherwise it's a waste of your money!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        My money's on that they're just at the gym to pick up guys.
        Or get picked up...assuming there's a difference. Must be nice to be able to afford the gym fees and designer outfits.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! Or how about when it's busy, you're waiting for a machine, and people take out their cellphones and have conversations while ambling on the treadmill? I actually had to leave as I got so mad seeing that.

I'm now trying to work out later at night since there's not as many people. The inconvenience is worth the blood pressure reduction.

Comment

Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
            Ooh! Ooh! Or how about when it's busy, you're waiting for a machine, and people take out their cellphones and have conversations while ambling on the treadmill? I actually had to leave as I got so mad seeing that.
            I hate that too. Sorry, but I don't care what you're having for dinner. I don't care if the jock in your homeroom likes you, nor do I care what you're doing Friday night. It's a gym, either work out, or shut the fuck up.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              I hate that too. Sorry, but I don't care what you're having for dinner. I don't care if the jock in your homeroom likes you, nor do I care what you're doing Friday night. It's a gym, either work out, or shut the fuck up.
              THANK you!

Comment

I guess maybe my gym is okay with the cell phone bit, since the staff put up the No Cell Phone signs and told those who were offended to take the conversation outside or don't come back. I kinda see talking really quick in the locker room, but the phones should be away when one is working out.

My gym is for women only, however a couple of people have decided that because it's women only that it's okay to change outside the changing stalls. As in, they strip down to almost nothing and change in the open. Okay, I know us women have all the same parts but when there's three stalls, two showers, and two bathrooms completely open, there's no need for that. No one wants to see it, regardless if everyone is the same gender or not.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                  I was at the gym the other day and of course I'm dirty and sweaty jogging on the torture machine, err I mean treadmill. In walks these two girls. They of course of designer workout clothes and shoes. They have their hair done like prom and full makeup.
                  unless they had no clue, who the f*** wears MAKEUP and nice clothes to the gym knowing its going to be covered or at least somewhat sweaty!? and i doubt you go to a gym that encourages the type of behavior of come in dressed up like them just to show off. granted its one way to push other members to work out more but...its also insulting

designer work out clothes are....useless as the few i have seen don't do well with sweat
                  and unless they never sweat just put/pin back your hair and shower later or when you get home...cause prom hairstyles are ruined or seriously messed up after work outs duh

rant over.....

Comment

I go to a small women's only gym.

We only have 4 treadmills and there is usually one out of order on any given day. There are signs all over the machines stating 20min MAX allowed.

I've lost count of the numder of times I have seen people hogging the machines for 30-40 mins while there are others waiting to use them.

And dont get me started on the "poser" gym goers and ones that feel the need to stay attached to their phone all the time...... grrrrr!
                    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I'd hate if there was a time limit at the athletic club......although sometimes when a good movie is playing, and there are only 2 ellipticals and 4 treadmills, it gets a little irritating to see some people have been in there the entire movie so far
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Thankfully no time limit on most of my gym (except the small 30 min training section)

I get irked whem I can hear the person next to me conversation over my head phones.

Though lately, I've been reading while on the treadmill, so I can get lost in the story. and I've been wearing my backpack (training to hike) and have gotten odd looks, lol
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                          I get irked whem I can hear the person next to me conversation over my head phones.
                          That annoys the hell out of me, especially if it's one of the *trainers.* I can understand some small talk now and then. But, if it's like what Cora (one of the trainers) did while I was there the other night, no. There's no need to have a half-hour discussion about your cowboy boots. I mean, I have my iPod up nearly as high as it will go, I can still hear you...and you're on the other side of the room. Nobody should be subjected to that shit
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                          X