Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was in Chch on friday for work. New experience for me, aftershock while driving a car.
    And I don't think even that lets me understand what it was like. Hope your doing ok Astyn
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

The scariest thought is that as bad as the pictures are, they can not possibly convey what people went through. My thoughts and prayers are with the people who go through such tragedies.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
        So I was in Chch on friday for work. New experience for me, aftershock while driving a car.
        And I don't think even that lets me understand what it was like. Hope your doing ok Astyn
        In the afternoon after the quake on the way to his mum's house, I think we had 4 or 5 really good aftershocks in the car. Good as in the whole car was being shaken back and forth. At the time it was bloody terrifying, but now for some weird reason I find it funny.

After the original quake in September, there was a story in the paper from a fireman who was headed to a call-out when the quake hit. Apparently the sky lit up when all of the transformers blew at once, then he had to fight to control the truck. He said he thought he'd blown a tyre with the way it was swerving. That poor bastard.

Comment

Astyn - I know what you mean = As the car shook it was a "OMG WTF holycrap" moment, but now looking back and knowing I was safe in the end, I enjoyed it in a twisted way.
          Have had one more in a stationary car again, and while in the office or at Dad's

(For those who didn't know, I've been sent down to Chch for work, to help get the office there back up and running. Week one over so far, wednesday I go back).
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            Astyn - I know what you mean = As the car shook it was a "OMG WTF holycrap" moment, but now looking back and knowing I was safe in the end, I enjoyed it in a twisted way.
            Have had one more in a stationary car again, and while in the office or at Dad's

(For those who didn't know, I've been sent down to Chch for work, to help get the office there back up and running. Week one over so far, wednesday I go back).
            *hugs* hope we haven't scared you off too badly . We're a lovely city really, I promise! :P

Comment

Working...
            X