This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesigh a visit to the doctor.

I had an appointment this afternoon with the doctor my Dad goes to for his Rheumatoid arthritis. I have had a little bit of joint pain for the past year, and last week it got really bad. After a few tests in the office the doctor is thinking I have some sort of arthritis in my hands, I had blood work done along with X-rays and hopefully that will narrow it down to what type. He is concerned that I might have RA since there is a chance I inherited it. I'm starting MSM, due to my age, he doesn't want to put me on something that I will have to continue for the rest of my life just yet. We are all crossing our fingers that it isn't RA, I'm his youngest patient, I'm 25, he doesn't want to add youngest RA patient to that list. So hopefully in a few weeks we will have more information, I wish the tests he had done had shown more, of course an hour before I go to the appointment that pain stopped after a week of near constant owie-ness. So the tests only showed that I had a bit of carpel tunnel starting in my left wrist, possibly from the arthritis, and some swelling in one finger along with a surprisingly weak grip.

Good news? I was brave while getting blood drawn. Normally I am gripping the chair and trying not to cry. Dad had told me that the nurse there is really fast and nice, I warned her I'm afraid and she was wonderful. I only squeaked a little, she needs to be cloned. I also got a stress penguin to squeeze to work on my grip. I love my stress penguin I named him squishy.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

I have the same problem Squeak when I have my blood drawn. Best thing I have found out.. just start yapping like crazy to distract yourself. The past two times I had blood drawn I was like "That's it?"

Comment

I'm surprised I didn't act that way Sandman, I think if my Dad didn't tell me how awesome the nurse was I might have freaked out more.

The doctor called today, he wanted to double check my allergies. My Dad and I tend to have the same ones. He wanted to see if there was anything odd that I've reacted to over the years medication wise, even if it was a little reaction he wanted to make sure he had everything marked. It was pretty cool he did that, he has already marked my file to make sure I don't go on the stuff that put Dad into the hospital. He finds it interesting that Dad and I reaction to the exact same stuff, but with Mom I'm only allergic to nickel like her and that is it.

Mom finally believes me that I'm in pain now that she has heard it from the doctor, on the way in she told me I couldn't inherit RA. Now that the doctor said it's a possibility she has let that go. She is making me a few different pairs of fingerless gloves to help keep my joints warm, I found those work the best for me, and now I have plenty of pretty colors . Then Dad gave me one of his super warm blankets for when I'm hurting. I'm really glad I finally gave up and went to the doctor.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
      X