This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue R.E.M.

I am not normally one to remember my dreams. But those I do tend to be really vivid and amazingly realistic; even when what's happening within the dreams are not very realistic, they seem to be do at the time.

I've had some bizarre dreams, and some unpleasant ones, but last night's may take the prize, since I don't normally dream about Armageddon. And no, I don't mean the Bruce Willis movie, but the actual end of the world. No fire and brimstone for my warped brain, though. Nor meteors crashing to earth. No, I get the color going out of the grass, dirt pouring out of holes in the sky, and basically just the collapse of pretty much everything, either physically or within our reality. Don't understand what I just wrote? Can't say I can explain it much better. Though the image of dirt coming out of holes in the sky (not too dissimilar to the snow coming through the roof of the Metrodome in December) was very vivid and disturbing. It was as if the gods had decided to pull the plug on this whole Earth experiment, and that was the general vibe I was getting in the dream.

Waking up at an odd hour has never felt so good...and yet I was still left with a marked sense of foreboding. Kind of weird, considering my usual upbeat demeanor. Especially since I had a great sushi dinner with my good friend last night, with the only major drama yesterday being in the morning as I argued with the spineless manager of my apartment complex about the latest attempts to screw the residents over changes being made in certain policies.

Weird shit.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Could that have been inspired by pictures of the earthquake damage in New Zealand?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been having really vivid dreams lately, too. Not about Armageddon, mind, but still weird and very realistic. The other day I was so tired 'cuz I'd been dreaming so much the last few nights that I wasn't getting much rest, so I laid down on the couch in the afternoon for a nap. I had the most vivid dream about waking up and going about my day that when I actually DID wake up, I was very confused about why I was laying on the couch and why some of the things I did in my dream weren't actually done.

Comment

I know the feeling of waking with dread over a dream. I had this dream where my MIL pissed me off so bad, we both went and had a shouting match. When I woke up and saw her later that day, I was still pissed off at her. Not on purpose, since we actually having an awesome relationship, but I felt so mad at her that day. It took hours for it to go away.

I probably just need to see a damn shrink. I'm not surprised.
        My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

That happened to me once...actually multiple times after my husband and I got married. I'd have horrible dreams about him doing something irrationally mean and nasty to me, something that I know he'd never actually do. But the dreams were so real that I'd wake up and I'd be pissed at him! I haven't had those kinds of dreams lately, thankfully...I think I hypothesized that subconsciously, I thought I wasn't living up to his standards and my dreams reflected his reactions if that was true.

Comment

Well, if you insist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7oQEPfe-O8

"Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Amusement Gal View Post
              I know the feeling of waking with dread over a dream. I had this dream where my MIL pissed me off so bad, we both went and had a shouting match. When I woke up and saw her later that day, I was still pissed off at her. Not on purpose, since we actually having an awesome relationship, but I felt so mad at her that day. It took hours for it to go away. I probably just need to see a damn shrink. I'm not surprised.
              You don't need a shrink. I have those dreams, too. Well, maybe we both need a shrink.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Could that have been inspired by pictures of the earthquake damage in New Zealand?
                No, as I didn't see any of those pictures. Hell, I still haven't.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  You don't need a shrink. I have those dreams, too. Well, maybe we both need a shrink.
                  After we're done with them, they'll need a shrink.
                  My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Working...
                  X