This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she's gone, no wait whoops!

Was gone for about a week, well in my case offline for 9 days or so as it took some recouperating when I returned. Went to texas with daughter to see family and old friends back home.

a week before leaving had called the eldest uncle on dad's side of the family to try and get in touch with them to see granny as she would either be the first or last person to see on my trip.
    no response from them, so mom and I do research and we find that granny has a head stone in the same graveyard (i don't know the proper term for it sorry) next to pa...so yeah...
    got there and were ready to put flowers down and everything only to find they never put the year and day she died. We asked the caretaker...i forget as daughter started fussing so i took her back to the car to calm down. Mom said that the manager or person in charge of paperwork would call us back. Fast forward to last day or the day before I'm to head back and mom finally got the call back. She didn't pass away they just had her headstone ready as the family had a feeling that she wasn't far from it and would have the plaque that has the date added afterwords.

lovely little freak out insued before this so i was not happy. And had spent the remainder of my time visiting friends for support as mom had to work a few days while i was there.

Two days after i get back from texas uncle's wife calls and apologizes and everything and that granny is doing ok and could we come see her. I told her in the most polite way that i could that i had just gotten back home and that i understood not checking messages but...won't be able to return until may.

very upset still, cause its not like they didn't know and i do not doubt the messages were left unchecked on accident but...not the freak out i needed....

glad granny is still around but its not known if she will still be around by may so even more upset at that too

I'd be pretty damn annoyed about that too! I'm really proud of you for being polite to your aunt, that would have taken a lot of effort. I hope you get to see and talk to her in May.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

In circumstances like these, the headstone makers should affix a removable label that says "I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better! I think I'll go for a walk..."

<TheSHAD0W runs away!>

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        In circumstances like these, the headstone makers should affix a removable label that says "I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better! I think I'll go for a walk..."
        Are you kidding me? removable label? I'm getting that AS my headstone. You've inspired me.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Mishi - Was annoyed with my aunt and uncle but they have been nothing but polite to me when i speak with them so...can't really fault them. and if they hate me they hide it well hehe

The Shadow - oh if that were possible, hilarious. but it would piss off uncle in charge so much. its explained why further down

well lets see...from my dad's side of the family there were about 7 kids. 6 uncles 1 aunt. the eldest passed away a few years ago from not taking care of himself with diabetes. So the second eldest was put in charge of the affairs of their parents. And that often means he gets to make decisions without informing the others or rather does it then informs the other aunt and uncles after its already been done, such as the headstone. I believe that its all been paid for even the marker to be added but as his job and finances aren't assured totally thus why he did so? (yes it sucks but since he is the eldest and has all the required items they leave him to it as its easier)

hell if i know, he's the richest out of the family but very A-type personality, if its not perfect everything is ruined.
          heh...i feel some revelry having found out what became of my dad. Sad that he had to have back surgery but...in a sense its kind of retribution for him taking my sisters from me. (long story short he is the soul reason i haven't spoken to my half sisters since i stopped speaking to him. he is the reason we three are as screwed up as we are)

feel bad for taking slight pleasure in it....cause fusing some of the spinal discs sucks but still...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            I'm getting better! I think I'll go for a walk..."
            You're not fooling anyone, you know!
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
              Are you kidding me? removable label? I'm getting that AS my headstone. You've inspired me.
              Actually, something proclaiming the headstone to be scratch and sniff would be hilarious.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                Actually, something proclaiming the headstone to be scratch and sniff would be hilarious.
                No fair! Now I have to choose....can I have it written on the back? Hmm
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

had a depression realization today
                  I remembered great aunt clara...or rather as granny's sister. she lived to be 101 but her quality of life was. Lets say this, if living wills were more of a big deal back then she would have had hers enacted.
                  All i can say is that the fingers stuck together from holding her hand a certain way all the time instead of using them which almost made her hands look like human hooks. I don't remember the details being barely 10 i just recall she could barely hold stuff and her brain or mind was so far gone she could only form three words at a time....yeaaah

i fear that for granny. i don't want her to have to suffer through that its not fair but then again i cannot do anything about it but try my best to show up in may if not earlier

went and reread the gravestone jokes to smile....just for that i will make sure her grave has lavender scratch n sniff. woohaa

Comment

*hug* I'm glad you at least got a smile from us.
                    I'm sorry you are so sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X