This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting it all in perspective

Me thinkin' to myself: Dammit! Life sucks. I was screwed out of a position I've wanted for a while, screwed out of Holiday pay because my employment date got reset and I don't get to spend my anniversary with my boyfriend or celebrate his niece's first birthday because I'm stuck working on St Patrick's Day (yes, she's was born on St Patty's). Also, I can't go to the Flogging Molly concert and I'm struggling to keep up with my bills. Not only that but I have to work for nine days straight due to a schedule change. To quote AVGN - what a shit load of fuck!

[Friend calls me to tell me she's being tested to see if she has a brain tumor and she'll find out whether it is or isn't on her birthday]

. . . kay . . . I'm gonna stop whining now . . .

Holy shit! And on her birthday too! I hope she'll be okay. Gah, I feel like an ass . . .

There are always people who are worse off, it doesn't mean that your complaints aren't valid.
    Still, I hope that your friend will get a nice test result as an extra birthday gift, either no tumor or an easily treated one.

Comment

I couldn't help but think of Tim Minchin's "Some People Have It Worse Than I"...

I hope your friend is OK.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X