This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not knowing about sports can suck.

Yesterday my Fiance and the kids and I went down to Indy.

The Oldest Child broke his glasses. Since we bought them at a Target optical in Omaha we needed to go to a Target optical to use the insurance we took on the glasses. Fort Wayne does not seem to have a target optical. (per my fiance I never checked so if I am wrong then its his excuse for a road trip)

My fiance wanted to see downtown while we were there and have dinner.

Neither of us are into sports.

There was something called the big ten happening downtown.

It was crowded and I hate crowds.

Just had to share.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

You don't need to know about sports, but it helps to know when a big event is happening in the area you're going to be in.

Just saying....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Mark it down as me being clueless sometimes.
      My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

That's happened to me more times than I can count. I just don't think about it, then I see the mess or get in a traffic jam and go "Oh, shit, that's right...."

Comment

Last year we wanted to try out a new place to eat. We figured "Hey, it's Sunday, it won't be to crowded." It was a sports bar. And the Superbowl.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I try really hard to keep up with the basketball home schedule for two reasons: 1) you can't park/drive on campus *at all* during a home game, unless you're going to said game and 2) they create an ungodly amount of traffic, especially if it's a rival (Mizzou/KState) or a team close enough where their fans also pour in (Nebraska, Oklahoma, OSU). Sometimes even Texas, but that's because Texas fans are certifiably *insane.* Not that that stopped us from taking the Big 12 championship right out from under their little moo cow noses.

Now I have to keep an eye on the NCAA schedule, because KU games are always accompanied by a good amount of partying, noise, and (for whatever reason) fireworks. If we make it to the finals again, I will be barricading myself indoors. I've seen the pictures from last time.....
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Haha, last year me and hubby and a couple of friends went to see Kevin Smith live in Dallas. None of us being sports fans, we didn't realize that the same night was a Cowboys home game. Explains the much heavier than usual traffic when we arrived in town. And then apparently the parking garage offered a discount for game day parking. So that was nice...

Comment

Hehehe...I live four HOURS from the nearest major sporting event!

Yeah, Key West High Football, while big in this town, doesn't create quite as much traffic as the Dolphins or Heat!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X