Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a show called 4 weddings that had a bride including feathers everywhere. The groom was allergic to them. I think he made a stupid decision to marry her.

Nate has been involved in everything with the wedding. Heck we went with the cake place he wanted vs the one I wanted. (cuz ultimatly I don't care.)

I really don't care about the little things. I was not going to have wedding favors or a guest book, but the parents insisted and they are gong to pay for them and Deal with them.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

This is probably getting off topic (and my apologies), but I know that when/if I get married, there are only going to be a few things I truly care about as far as the wedding arrangements: the food, the music, the bar, my best man (it will be my best friend, who is a woman), and insisting that my bride's hair be down, rather than up. The last two are not negotiable.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        And no one else will be....why?
        In no particular order:
        • the groom shouldn't drink (bi-polar meds)
        • the groom's father is a recovering alcoholic
        • one of my nieces and her boyfriend/baby daddy/whatever he is...well, I just don't want them to drink. I'm not even sure I want them to *be there* but since it's being held at her mother and stepfather's house, I don't know how to not have them there
        • it's at a place about 30-45 minutes away from where most of us live and I don't want drunk drivers out and about
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          insisting that my bride's hair be down, rather than up. The last two are not negotiable.
          Funny, That was one of Nate's requirements.
          My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I have a weakness for long hair, and while there are many great up do's, when I am marrying the love of my life, I want that long hair a-flowing.

Ironically, the one girl I was every actually engaged to had short hair. Go figure.

EDITED TO ADD: This seems like an appropriate place for this...here's a pic of me & The Brit back when we were together. It's not he best picture of us, but it is the best one for showing the length of her hair. (Sunset in Key West...gotta love it!)
            Attached Files

Still A Customer."

Comment

Huh. That's one of my fiance's requirements, too...

Not that I'm arguing. Just meant I had to choose my dress carefully so my hair wouldn't cover any major detail. It's not going to be as long as it is now, anyway. And it's not going to be that colour, or that frizzy. I'm seriously overdue for a cut and colour.

Comment

Now, when I got married, I wore my (very long) hair down... and there was no hairdresser appointment on the morning of the wedding, I washed it when I got up, combed it out and let it dry naturally.
                3 months previously I had been a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding - she had dictated that all four of us should wear our hair up as it was more 'elegant'. That wasn't so bad for the others, who all had straight, quite fine hair. Mine is thick, naturally curly and I had about 3 times as much of it as they did.
                By the time the hairdresser had finished scraping my hair back, screwing it into a little bun, jamming hairpins into my scalp (plus two silly little flowery things) I was in tears from the pain. I'm not exaggerating. And as soon as the formal part of the wedding was over, and the dancing began, I went into the Ladies cloakroom and pulled every last pin out.
                I vowed there and then that nobody on earth would ever make me put my hair up again. It was a week before my scalp stopped hurting.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This forum is a group of long hair lovers. lol.

Mine is down to my hips now.

Comment

I just got mine cut. It was down to mid-back and driving me crazy. I plan on having it around shoulder-length for the wedding, wearing it mostly down and maybe with a slight wave. My hair is naturally wavy but not in the "oooh, pretty" way. May pull the front section back and secure it with the (short) veil? Something like that.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                      This forum is a group of long hair lovers.
                      Ask any of my good friends, they will tell you that that is my biggest weakness with women, and that hair is the first thing I look at/notice on a woman.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I want mine with the sides swept up and the rest in curls down my back. I have pretty sparkily combs to put in it.

Comment

That sounds so very pretty!
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

A beautiful bride in a beautiful dress. Congrats by the way Kia.

I think as a guy, I would love to see the person I was going to marry get what they wanted, and would be half afraid to step in and mess anything up. If given a 'task' I would have no problems going at it full steam, but I can understand why guys are a little.. gun shy. I mean I have a decent eye for color (on anybody else but me), and am fully capable of handling just about any detail at all..but lets admit it the day is more for the bride. At least .. typically .

So sometimes it may be a matter of saying "I WANT you to do this" and then even if it looks like something that stepped out of Freddy Krugers nightmare, fully supporting it. Because quite a few guys will be "Oh man, oh man, oh man..I don't want to screw this up!".
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                but lets admit it the day is more for the bride. At least .. typically.
                                Oh, I full admit that, and I don't have a problem with that. My problem lies with the people who act as if the day is ONLY for the bride, and the groom is but a prop. Sadly, some of these people are brides.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X