X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate?

Sun N' Fun damage.

I was supposed to be headed to Lakeland Florida yesterday, I would have been in the somewhere in the south during the time the storm hit, but not in Lakeland at the show just yet, we would have been landing at that airport later that night or this morning. I'm just amazed that a couple days ahead of time the trip was canceled since not enough pilots in the group wanted to fly down this year. That's right, I would have been flying in a small plane heading towards an area with serious storms. I would have been with a great pilot and he is very safe and always watching out for bad weather so we would have landed at the nearest airport to wait out any storms but still scary.

I hope no one I know was injured or their plane damaged, I haven't heard back from anyone yet to see if they had headed down. Hopefully anyone who was injured will be alright too, it's pretty upsetting to see who was injured, some amazing women were part of the group taken to the hospital.

*edit* I found out that a elderly (both the husband and wife are in their late 80's) couple from my flying club was down there at the time as volunteers. We haven't heard back from them yet, but so far they are the only ones that seemed to have headed down there for the show.
    Last edited by Squeaksmyalias; 04-01-2011, 04:34 PM.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

I saw the report about that since I read the news around that area because it is where I used to live. It was sad to see the planes damaged. I hope nobody was seriously injured and am glad you weren't there!!!
    We ask ourselves when we get in a fix, what would Popeye do in a tight spot like this? He'd race for his true love and easily win it, in an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it. -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Working...
    X