This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooooo i had to share...

after reading so many posts from one of our LOVELY members....Kanalah, I had her make me a quilt.

we must of exchanged a hundred emails going over the nit pick details, everything from fabric swatches, to the type of quilting to be done, to the details on what stars had to be aligned just right (I'm joking on that last part but it felt like it...).

so...the final payment has been made...the quilting done.....and sometime next week....I'll have a new quilt for my bed! here is a sneak preview...

she also had left over fabric...enough to make 2 pillow cases, each trimmed in the fabric that is used on the back of the quilt!
    Last edited by Sarlon; 11-27-2011, 10:44 PM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Wow. We have a lot of talent on this board.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wow that looks amazing! Well done Kanalah, I'd love to have the talent and patience to do something like that!
      "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Wow! Very nice.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Oh, that's nice work!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            Oh, that's nice work!
            Yes that's amazing I know a lot of people on here do amazing art. Between the quilting/sewing/web site work and design/photography it's a cool bunch.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Nice job on them!
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

oh my WORD that is stunning! Love the rich colours, and the dragon is beautiful...
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

Thanks guys

I've never made an applique that big before, but I love a challenge. And Sarlon was a pleasure to work for.

Actually since this one turned out so well, I'm considering doing some more large applique quilts. (The broken typeface X on a black background comes to mind).

This is one of my favorite things about making quilts, is listening to the client's idea and making something that they love. After I got her email response to the photos, I was giggling and bouncing all over the house.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

BTW - I see what looks like a young head on the bottom about to pop up and say "Hi!".
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yeah that's my son. He loves quilts and fabric. He gets a little jealous when I take photos of the quilts and not him.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

That is so beautiful! Very well done, I love the colors -- it goes so well together.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

The stitching on that is immaculate! Absolutely amazing.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The quilt itself is a story actually....the colors as well as the Dragon.

The dragon itself is based off of this picture of a tapsetry I owned at one point.

The purple and blue, are the color guard of the main character in my book, and the gold dragon is her spirit animal/protector.

In each of the corners are symbols (not pictured sadly ) are the 4 symbols for each of the elements based on my book.

(said book will be going to publisher by christmas this year come hell or high water!)
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                              X