This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP "B"

If this is in the wrong place, then mods please move as necessary....

This happened a few days back, but it's been too raw to post.

I got to work ready to start my shift (I do afternoons into evenings) and as I walked along the corridor, the AM came out of his office. I said hello and went to go into the locker room, but he stopped me.

AM : Has anyone seen you yet?
    Me : *thinks I must have done something wrong* No, I'm only just through the door, why?
    AM : We had a phone call here at about 6 pm last night... B passed away at home yesterday afternoon.
    Me :

Apparently it was a massive stroke... She had been meant to be going out with her family for a Bank Holiday outing, but hadn't felt well and had told the others to go on without her and enjoy themselves. Fortunately one of them did stay behind with her...Well, they heard a thud from another room, went to see what happened and found her on the floor. The ambulance was called, the rest of the family were called and told they needed to get back home, but by the time they got back, she had gone.

What chokes me is that she was called on a disciplinary last year because she had been having 'too much' sick leave... I hope they're satisfied now.

I miss her. I miss her kindness (never a bad word for anyone) and her naughty giggle.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Oh no, that poor lady! *Big hugs* My sympathies to you, your co-workers and her family.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      If this is in the wrong place, then mods please move as necessary....
      Fine here or General Work Chat. Your call as far as I'm concerned.

What chokes me is that she was called on a disciplinary last year because she had been having 'too much' sick leave... I hope they're satisfied now.
      I'll bet they won't put two and two together,

I miss her. I miss her kindness (never a bad word for anyone) and her naughty giggle.
      While you can tell tales of her, she'll never be gone.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sorry for your loss x

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Will be keeping you and B's family in my thoughts.

Comment

That's rough, losing a good coworker, and she sounds like a real sweetie.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  I'll bet they won't put two and two together
                  They would if I was a member of her family - I'd make damned sure of it.

We're still waiting to hear about funeral arrangements, I can see there being one hell of a turn-out (unless the family want a private service).
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

So sorry for B and her family, they're in my thoughts.

Comment

*HUGS* I'm sorry, B sounds like a sweetie.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                      X