Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got a love letter the other day...

...and I figured I SHOULD share this with you guys, as it demonstrates how juvenile some people can be. Also, the letter itself is both creepy and funny all at once.

Bit o'background: I have a boyfriend. WE are in a very happy relationship.

It was anonymous to boot AND it wasn't sent through the post, someone shoved it into the letterbox. Here's the letter itself:

To my one true love,

I knew I loved you from the first time we met.

Is it wrong for a person to love? it was a magical moment, you glowing like an angel from above.

I see you everywhere I go, but you never see me.

I always see you with other people, but I know you wish you were with me instead. Thr thought of my life without you makes me wish I was dead.

But then I remember how sad you would probably be, and how much you would miss me.

I love you more than crunchy leaves.

I like your pants around your feet.

And the dirt that's on your knees.

And I like the way you still say please.

When you're looking up at me.

You're like my favourite damn disease.

Meet me at the old swimming hole, next to the tree, down past Old Man McFarrens ranch at 12:01pm. I have a lot more meaningful song lyrics I want to share with you.

Love from your secret admirer.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

P.S. Hold me now, I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking, maybe six feet, ain't so far down
    Little bit bizarre. That was how the letter was typed as well. I know that part of it is Nickelback's "Figure You Out." Now I want to know who sent it.

Anyone able to offer anything on the letter? is it worth me getting worried about? My boyfriend read it and he also considers it to be quite odd (I've been staying with him all week so I KNOW it's not him).

Oh and the envelope looked like someone had written my name in their non-dominant hand.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Be careful. That's all I can think of.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      Be careful. That's all I can think of.
      I'm not driving for the next couple of weeks or so because I got involved in a rear-end and said car will be going to a crash repairer to get fixed (I got rear-ended, not the other way around, car was still drivable). So there's no chance of me getting my brakes cut. Work is probably going to be scarier though-if it was someone from work, then I'm REALLY worried.

I have 2-3 people I know that could possibly be the one who sent me the note. I haven't received anymore since.

-The first two (I don't think of them as separate because they acted together, not alone) were guys I knew at uni. Short version: abusive friendship (not physical, more mental and to a lesser extent, sexual), we got into a fight, I agreed not to contact them and they were MEANT to agree to the same thing. They have since contacted me every exam period apart from one designed to throw me off I guess...however, I have no exams this semester

-The other theory involves work and if it does, I will be VERY pissed off. We have this Downs Syndrome guy at work-he's a regular customer-and is very funny and friendly towards the WHOLE staff. Anyway, he's sort of hit on one of my coworkers in the past and she gave him a polite talk about how she's happily taken. I've mentioned the exact same thing: I'm taken (he's called me sweet cheeks once in a while though). I can potentially see him doing this. (I haven't given my address out to him, but our addresses are on my payslips and I can see one of my coworkers giving him my address)

Comment

The letter is pretty full on and my first instinct is to tell you to take it to the police for official documentation. Make sure you have more than one notified copy of it, stored safely. Thataway, if/when you receive another one, there's more proof to convict the bastard if he/she tries to progress beyond anonymous notes AND the police know that there's something strange going on. Good luck and stay safe!
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
          The letter is pretty full on and my first instinct is to tell you to take it to the police for official documentation. Make sure you have more than one notified copy of it, stored safely. Thataway, if/when you receive another one, there's more proof to convict the bastard if he/she tries to progress beyond anonymous notes AND the police know that there's something strange going on. Good luck and stay safe!
          Thanks Mishi. I'll do up another copy and keep it on my flash drive for any further documentation. I'll have to ask my sister when they actually received it though.

Comment

I agree with Mishi. The police can keep a photocopy (or heck, the original!) in their evidence lockers for a while, in case anything else happens.

If nothing does, no harm done. Just a few minutes of an officer's time giving you the necessary (yes, necessary!) safety warnings for a situation like this, and recording potential evidence.

If something happens, you'll be damn glad you did this.

As for keeping yourself safe - well, that's part of why I recommend going to the police station. Also, get a copy of "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker from your local library, and read it. He helps you figure out how to tell when your gut is telling you something's wrong, and when you're just overreacting.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

You may want to let your employer know about the potential stalker. They should reinforce with the employees the dangers of giving out a CW's personal information. It would also help them to better deal with the situation should something happen at work.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

That letter is really f-ed up.

At first I thought your BF might have left it - until I got to the middle.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth creepy love letter
                  P.S. Hold me now, I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking, maybe six feet, ain't so far down.
                  Ah shit, he's a Creed fan. That's reason enough to run away screaming.

That letter reminded me of this Onion piece.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Ah shit, he's a Creed fan. That's reason enough to run away screaming.

That letter reminded me of this Onion piece.
                    He's a Nickelback fan too. (the last 4-5 lines are from Nickelback's "Figure You Out.")

I'll go to the police on Monday when I get home. My work can only do so much on their part, but I'll talk to them about it. I'm wondering if it IS someone from work because they are the only other folks who have my address.

Comment

Copy it, store it digitally and hand a note to your employer, take original AND envelope to cops.

Note the date of arrival, and your suspicions, get a police report number and if anything else shows up call them first don't open it. If anyone weird comes to door DO NOT ANSWER IT. Call.

This wigged me out last nite. Be careful.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

"meaningful song lyrics"...about blow jobs?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Creepy. I'd have said it was just a bit sappy and sad, but then I got to the part where he said "you wish you were with me", etc. That's borderline delusional.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"but I know you wish you were with me instead. Thr thought of my life without you makes me wish I was dead.

But then I remember how sad you would probably be, and how much you would miss me."

That's delusion. And that implies that he (or she!) could be dangerous.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                              Copy it, store it digitally and hand a note to your employer, take original AND envelope to cops.

Note the date of arrival, and your suspicions, get a police report number and if anything else shows up call them first don't open it. If anyone weird comes to door DO NOT ANSWER IT. Call.

This wigged me out last nite. Be careful.
                              OK, I've put a copy on my USB (with the date I wrote it)

Date of arrival was when I got home on Wednesday briefly (I've been house-sitting all week). There is no such place as Old Man McFarren's ranch, so I wasn't worried about that part.

I am about to ring work and let them know what's going on-I'll have to let them know that I may be late a couple of days anyway due to car-related business.

Original and envelope WILL be going to the cops, however because I'm so far away from home, I am going to my local station on Monday.

I will keep you guys informed.

Comment

Working...
                              X