This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :lol: All that to change a tire?

Ok tonight at work I was beginning to wonder what the heck was going on. Two of my coworkers went out to help somebody change a tire, no big thing right? About 5 minutes later a third one went out..caring about 5 metal poles, then 5 minutes later two more with a machine..but that was to put air in a tire..the metal poles had me a bit confused though. 10 minutes later the guy who took out the poles was back, and carrying out a sledge hammer. I fully expected to see him come back for a blow torch soon! I am not sure what the heck they had to do to fix that tire..and I am not sure I want to know.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

... the hell?
    maybe the lug nuts were stuck? and they couldn't find the jack??
    Meep. .____. *stays away*
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

5 metal poles? The only possible thing I can say is "what the fuck?" Well that, and "did you go to a certain garage in Bridgeville?" Otherwise I have no idea why they'd even need metal poles. The sledgehammer, I can kinda understand though. On some cars, especially those with alloy wheels, heat from drum brakes can sometimes cause alloy rims to 'stick' to the drums. Annoying, but easily solved--a whack with the sledgehammer is usually enough to pop the wheel off. Some heat-resistant grease on the mating surfaces, and you won't have to deal with that again. That happened more than once on the Tercel I once owned...
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X