This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Thoughts by Irv

Should I be squicked out that there are ice cream treats named Magnum?

Should anybody?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Should I be squicked out that there are ice cream treats named Magnum?

Should anybody?
    They're not shaped like giant dongs if that's what you're thinking.

We don't have the Magnum brand of condoms in Australia (most if not all places carry Ansell, Durex and Four Seasons), so it's a little less funny for us.

There are icecreams out there however called Miniz. It is impossible to suck or lick them without it looking like you're giving someone a blowjob.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      There are icecreams out there however called Miniz. It is impossible to suck or lick them without it looking like you're giving someone a blowjob.
      That name makes me laugh, because that's Pilbara region (Western Australia) slang for female genitals. Calling someone a 'skinny minnie' also makes me smirk.

Magnums are one of my most favourite icecreams, to the point that Rugz and I were recently bribed with them by someone wanting to borrow our jack.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        ...There are icecreams out there however called Miniz. It is impossible to suck or lick them without it looking like you're giving someone a blowjob.
        So if I lived in Australia people would think I was eating icecreams all the time?

lol!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
          That name makes me laugh, because that's Pilbara region (Western Australia) slang for female genitals. Calling someone a 'skinny minnie' also makes me smirk.

Magnums are one of my most favourite icecreams, to the point that Rugz and I were recently bribed with them by someone wanting to borrow our jack.

These are the icecreams in question.

And I'm so glad I don't live in the Pillbara region.

Comment

We've got a brand of workplace footwear called 'Trojan'.

They're definitely a foot long!

Rapscallion

Comment

Irv - The martial arts 'box' I wear at Sword fighting (A VITAL piece of equipment. Sword to the goolies is NOT comfortable) is branded "Magnum" aswell.
              "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
              Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                We've got a brand of workplace footwear called 'Trojan'.
                So not they're not thongs then?

@Fireheart: Spent my teenage years there, never again! Unless there's a helluva lot of money involved, that might sway my judgement.
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                  Irv - The martial arts 'box' I wear at Sword fighting (A VITAL piece of equipment. Sword to the goolies is NOT comfortable).
                  A mail shirt (chain mail) to the balls is not comfortable either apparaently. (we only have 2 people who wear full mail on a regular basis, everyone else either uses a padded jacket called a gambeson or gambie for short, or some scale armour called lamellar)

Although now that Irv's mentioned it, those Magnum Gold commercials with the Mr and Mrs. Smith lookalikes just look WRONG now....

Comment

Well, I can tell you the double chocolate flavor is pretty yummy. I have a box in my freezer right now.

The caramel is OK, and the classic is meh. The chocolate coating is good but the ice cream isn't anything special. (Roomie got the classic a couple weeks ago and shared, then I got the chocolate to try, and later the caramel.)
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The Magnum does sound like the name of the big man's condoms but regardless they look so damn delicious on the commercials!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You guys should try a Big Choc Bikkie Magnum

Comment

Working...
                        X