Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Golden Crown" (Game of Thrones - spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Golden Crown" (Game of Thrones - spoiler)

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!

He deserved his crown and we know who the dragon is now.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I haven't seen it but in the book that scene made me squirm! It is a huge insight into Dany's mind and an amazing scene.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I love that her name is the same as mine. Also..he so deserved it. It's so awesome that we know who the real dragon is. The best line form the episode?

"Fire can't hurt a dragon."
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Only thing I regret is that Dany should have been the one to "crown" him
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I dunno. She needed to see that. To prove to herself that she was really the dragon. Besides, her husband wore the gold. And i'm sure it was just as empowering for her to not stop him, as much as it was for him to do so.
          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

In the book it seems to indicate that she could have stopped it, but that would have weakened her husband. So she was finally making a choice for herself anyway.

Wish I could've seen the show though. Maybe when it comes out on DVD
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

6 episodes I've been waiting for that scene.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Joffery has taken so much away from Sansa I hope she kills that spoiled little shit.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

We were visiting my brother-in-law a couple weeks ago and out of nowhere he says, "Hey, you wanna see the golden crown scene?" We knew exactly what he was taking about! He DVR'd the entire series! We didn't have time to watch it all so we just watched that one scene. Powerful but not nearly as gross as I'd expected. Still can't stand Jason Momoa though (in my head, the tribal peoples were basically Mongolians, so they look all wrong to me).

I hated Sansa at first but she grew on me as the books progressed. Joffrey is a little bastard by anyone's standards, for sure! But you have to remember how he has been brought up, not that this makes me like him any better.

Comment

Yeah, he's a Lannister, even inbred, and was brought up expecting to be king when his "father" died even though he (most likely) has no blood ties to the throne.

I see this last episode a turning point for Sansa and maybe Arya, too.

The golden crown scene was very tame compared to how it could have gone. I think they only showd him yelling and his face all red from the molten gold.

As for Jason - he reminds me a lot of my brother in law. He was good in Stargate: Atlantis and has a very similar role here.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

They killed Boromir! Again!!

I took some tiny grim pleasure over Cersi's panicked reaction when King Jerkface publicly disrespected and defied her, blowing up her Best Laid Plans(tm) in her face. I wonder if she's just unleashed a bigger mad dog than even she can handle?
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

It frustrating for people who have read the books, because I know lots of people who haven't and like to speculate on what will happen in the show. To an extent, I know what will happen!...and I have to bite my tongue so I don't spoil anything. So hard.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                          Yeah, he's a Lannister, even inbred, and was brought up expecting to be king when his "father" died even though he (most likely) has no blood ties to the throne.
                          While I can't stand most of the Lannisters, and Joffrey is making me hate him more and more, I have to admit....I LOVE the Imp! Dude's a hoot! One of my favorite characters in the whole series, along with Arya, who just kicks ass.

Wait a moment...two of my favorite characters are two of the shortest?

Also love Dany, but part of that is just because she's one hot chick. (Pun intended.)

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          To an extent, I know what will happen!...and I have to bite my tongue so I don't spoil anything. So hard.
                          Please continue to bite your tongue, or give huge spoiler warnings, for many of us, myself included, have not read the books and have no idea what's coming.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            While I can't stand most of the Lannisters, and Joffrey is making me hate him more and more, I have to admit....I LOVE the Imp! Dude's a hoot! One of my favorite characters in the whole series, along with Arya, who just kicks ass.

Wait a moment...two of my favorite characters are two of the shortest?
                            Those two are great characters.

Please continue to bite your tongue, or give huge spoiler warnings, for many of us, myself included, have not read the books and have no idea what's coming.
                            My wife is in the same boat, she is reading the books. I know some things that happen (mainly to the wolfs as part of research for my site) but not all.

I'll post this - please only post what has happened in the HBO series already.

What sucks is that now we have to wait until next April to watch more of the series. This is the first time we've gotten into a series from the beginning. With other series (like True Blood) we got into it late so we were able to watch the DVDs when we wanted to, NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT!! Oh well, I'll just wait for this season to come out on DVD / BR.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yesterday morning I woke up and thought, "I bet everyone who saw the last ep of A Game of Thrones but hasn't read the books, had their minds blown last night."

Comment

Working...
                              X