This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher lay-offs and combining schools

Man, Pennsylvania is really doing a number on the teachers. I recall reading something back in February about 33 teachers in my general area being laid off, and today's paper said 11 were being laid off from one single high school. And, as figured, it was mostly the humanities department and one science teacher.

Besides that, there are rumors flying around that my hometown's high school and the neighboring town's high school will consolidate to become one district. I can't wait to see that happen since that other town was and is my town's biggest rival sports-wise (I don't give a shit about sports, but most others here do).

People have told me until my ears nearly bled that I should become a teacher...looks like I might have another excuse in my favor now besides, "I don't want to. Shut up."

What about you folks? Are you seeing this major layoff in your area? Or is anyone here in danger of losing their job to this nonsense (or who already has)?

Sorry, this topic is too hot for the main board. Feel free to repost it at Fratching.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
    X