This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks!

Now that I am home from surgery I have my family buzzing around me doing things for me that I use to do on my own. It makes me feel like an undue burden on them since none of this is their fault. I tease them that I could get use to them waiting on me, but they know that would be a living hell for me.

I am getting better at the whole "don't fall over" thing.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Glad to see you back.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

It's temporary. Ease yourself back as you're up to it.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Mis, I know the pain you are experiencing. I did not have the same level of back surgery that you had (mine was an L5-S1 laminectomy in which they removed the small portion of disc that was broken and pressing on the nerve in my lower back), but I can relate to the pain of wanting to get up and do things because you feel good. Trust me when I say don't push it...let the back recover on its own and you will be as good as new in no time! *hugs and good wishes...and a vicodin tree if you need it*
        Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

I have tried to do more than I should and have found out that it was a stupid move on my part. So, I have been trying to let my family do more things for me.

I had to see the physician assistant today to get the staples removed from the incision and had to wear Mr. Mis's shoes since my feet have ballooned up and I couldn't fit them in my own shoes. I have been told to put my feet up when I'm sitting or laying down.

I still have some weakness in my left leg, but it is getting better. Now the boys think it's funny to tell "yo mama fell over" jokes.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            ...Now the boys think it's funny to tell "yo mama fell over" jokes.
            Just remind them that when you are all better, you plan on posting ALL the pics you took of them in diapers (and out!) lol

Keep getting stronger!

Shel
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
            X