This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW sucked me back in

Was thinking of taking a break, then my bf got us Wrath and Cata for my bday! Lol, started a Worgen hunter, and I loved the starting area (doing the nelf quests now...fun, but old hat)

I may like my wolfgirl better than my nelf...crazy!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Muahahahahahaha.

You can never leave.

Comment

I'm debating on whether or not to give it another go. Fiance is playing FF XI, and he let me try it...sooooo booorrrriiinnnnggggg. And FFXIV is still pretty much crap (and doesn't play well on my computer). He'd play WoW with me if I started back up again...but I'm not sure if it's worth the $15/month, y'know?
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

We are trying to get Stay Classy on my guild (which is my guild because I'm the GM) so one of the members said why don't we start some alts...

I now have a Gnome Priest (shadow), a dwarf Hunter (BM) and just rolled a Nelf Priest (probably shadow again)

Got the Dwarf up to 18, the gnome is 14 and the Nelf I haven't started yet. All since Saturday night.
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

I'm still on and off addicted.

I miss the casual raiding environment of Wrath (aka pugs being possible, as I don't have the time to commit to serious raiding), and have thus mostly been leveling the last few characters I don't have at or near max level. Currently my priest is at 70, but I might park her for a few in favor of getting my warrior and or DK up to 85 as they have some nice rested bonus.

My group of friends has started to get back into the game, so we do 5 mans as a group with some regularity, which is nice.

Now that the GF has a bit less work piling up from school we might roll back and play our worgen at some point (Our main server we play horde).

Comment

One of us! One of us!! Sorry did I say that out loud?

I am not playing a lot with soccer and family issues but once 4.2 comes out with all the new dailies and pets and I will probably be playing more.

At least until The Old Republic comes out.
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Meh. I got my nelf hunter up to level 53 before I gave up. My guild kind of fell apart, none of my formerly addicted friends wanted to play, and trying to adventure alone or with random people didn't work (and got boring.) I switch back to Guild Wars, where thanks to the hero system I can now customize a party of AIs if I can't find people. Plus, I couldn't afford the WoW monthly fee.

Comment

Bloody Alliance...

Yes, Horde for life, yo. *cough* I'm gettin my first ever character high enough to actually maybe see the end game. B Elf hunter getting real close to 80, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new areas. Just came back not long before Cata, and leveled it up since then, taking the odd break. It's been fun, especially with all the new questlines they put in place.

Especially when you're questing for the undead. It appeals to the evil.

Comment

I never could bring myself to pay a monthly fee for a game. I was spoiled, being able to pay for a game and that being the end of it, not keep having to pay for the privilege of being able to play what I effectively own. I mean, used to play the living crap out of Diablo II online, and it was free (yes I know, it pays to maintain the servers and blah blah).

Not that I wasn't tempted over the years. Then, about a month ago, a couple of coworkers talked me into playing an MMO they've been doing for awhile. It was free to play, but you could pay for premium content (which the coworker who mainly sweet-talked me into it, our guild leader, pays about $30 a month. His wife, who is more addicted than him, pays $100 a month). So I tried it out. It was okay. Kind of fun. Then I got hooked. My roomie came in one night while I was playing and he said, "When did you get WoW?" I said it wasn't WoW. He said, "Yes, it is." I said I heard it was LIKE WoW, and he said, no, it IS WoW. I guess it's a pretty close ripoff. He can't watch me play because it makes his WoW urges flare up, and he's a self-proclaimed recovering addict.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I told myself that I was going to try ONE MORE TIME for the Reins of the Raven Lord mount that you can get from heroic Sethekk Halls on my level 85 DK. (Budbundy Ally on Thrall)

If that $@#%@% Anzu didn't drop it, I'd quit the game.

Guess what dropped? Yep........

Sadly, similar threats for the Blue Proto-Drake, Green Proto-Drake, Rivendare's Deathcharger or Ashes of Al'ar have not been fruitful.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                      Then I got hooked. My roomie came in one night while I was playing and he said, "When did you get WoW?" I said it wasn't WoW. He said, "Yes, it is." I said I heard it was LIKE WoW, and he said, no, it IS WoW.
                      I've played quite a few free MMOs that are actually good, though I don't get enough other folks to play them to keep me in them.

I actually kinda think I know what game you're talking about, but for the life of me can't remember the name.

Comment

It's Shaiya. I just didn't want to sound like I was advetising it. Mainly it's my coworkers that keep me playing, though it's only about 4 or 5 of us. My GL will call me when we're on shift and ask if I'm getting on later, tell me what everyone will be doing. He's runs a great guild, which also makes it enjoyable. Instead of everything we find belongs to him, he keeps it so that everything is for everyone. If you need anything in the guild warehouse, just let him or one of the officers know and it's yours. He freely hands out stuff he paid money for if anyone needs it or wants you to have it (he has no problem leveling someone, and will give you Prevent Exp Drop items to make sure if you die you don't lose any Exp he helps you get). Lately, since I finally hit 40 with my Normal Mode, I've found the joy of PvP with my new Hard Mode character. He's been getting "uber" gear for me. But we have a lot of fun just planning things out when not playing, call each other by our character names at work, and just have a good time. My non-coworker guildies are pretty awesome too. They make it worthwhile.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Kara has it.

MMOs are all about who you play with. The only reason I still play WoW is that my GF and a few of my other friends play.

Comment

Yeah, my wife enjoyed Shaiya a little more than I did. But, as thansal also said, it's about who's playing. My and the wife play WoW with a good group of folks, even if we're all playing solo, so it kinda works better.

Comment

Working...
                            X