This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remember name of movie.

Nor any of the actors, nor most of the plot.

What I do remember, is that film is current, though the movie was made likely early to mid ninties.

It was about a man who was ordinary for the most part, (he was middle age, had glasses). He had a temper though, and that is what caused his wife to divorce him and take his daughter away. Early in the movie he's trying to see his daughter for her birthday, and gets stuck in traffic in a very hot day. He abandons his car, much to the annoyence of people behind him, and goes to to a convience store to get a drink, and gets angry when he thinks the clerk is overcharging him for soda, and trashs the store.

Don't remember much after that, but he goes on a killing spree, when he just wants to see his daughter. and police are trying to track down what everyone is just describing as an average guy. Anyone have any idea....?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Falling Down with Michael Douglas
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Wow! That's the one. Fast work. Thank you so much
      Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Go Go Gadget Brain. This brain is only good for movies, music and history trivia. Can't remember my own phone number but useless info I am there for you
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Great film, came out around the same time the Police song "Synchronicity 2" came out which is pretty close to the same subject.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

"Synchronicity II" is off the Synchronicity album, which was released in 1983. So, not exactly the same time, but an interesting parallel of themes.

Comment

I saw that in Banned Books, in 8th or 9th grade. I loved that class, except for having to read Catcher in the Rye, I wish she'd assigned us Lolita instead.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I love that movie!! Don't forget Robert Duval as the police detective

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Great film, came out around the same time the Police song "Synchronicity 2" came out which is pretty close to the same subject.
                  Quoth Eireann View Post
                  "Synchronicity II" is off the Synchronicity album, which was released in 1983. So, not exactly the same time, but an interesting parallel of themes.

though Iron Maiden did write a song based off the movie(yes they liked the movie)
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

The Foo Fighters film clip for Walk (I think that's the song) parodies Falling Down.

Comment

That movie was really great. You gotta watch those quiet ones. Also the ones who are beaten down time and time again...when they snap, it gets really ugly.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                        That movie was really great. You gotta watch those quiet ones. Also the ones who are beaten down time and time again...when they snap, it gets really ugly.
                        Maybe. Or maybe they raise above it. Not saying they get ugly, but just stop caring about the ramications of their actions on the part of social mores. Or seek vengence.

One can seek and enact vengence without it going into revenge or even lost of limbs or life.

Frankly, the man in Falling down had really no reason to snap honestly. He had a great life.
                        Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Some of the best lines from that movie, Michael Douglas' delivery is the best.

"You missed". **BANG** "I missed".

"Maybe if you put the f-ing sign in f-ing English people would understand it." (IN response to graffiti)

"I'm the bad guy?"

It's not that he had a reason to fall down, all he wanted was to see his child for their birthday. A lot was in his way so he decided to tear down those walls, as well as some perceived injustices.
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Maybe somebody can help me with a movie. Been bugging me for a long time..because all I remember is one scene, and my slight OCD demands I try to remember the name of it.

The Scene I remember is about a woman, and some dolls, and the dolls have metal teeth. That is all I remember. I doubt anybody can tell me what it is with that little info, but worth a shot.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              Maybe somebody can help me with a movie. Been bugging me for a long time..because all I remember is one scene, and my slight OCD demands I try to remember the name of it.

The Scene I remember is about a woman, and some dolls, and the dolls have metal teeth. That is all I remember. I doubt anybody can tell me what it is with that little info, but worth a shot.
                              This it? Well, the scene with the dolls with metal teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9usCdlKk9e0
                              Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Working...
                              X