X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overreaction?

Consesus please...

Is it just me, or is it ubercreepy when a guy follows you home from the grocery store jus to tell you he followed you home from the grocery store?
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

... YES. (+1 for ubercreepy)
    Distinct possibility he's mentally or socially disabled. (as in medically/diagnosed)
    Also distinct possibility that's he's just a creeper.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

He's a coworker. I've known him for years on a very vague level (he'd say hi, i'd say hi, that was all). The last year or so he's started giving off a creepy vibe. Asked me to a hockey game, I told him no. Then he started mentioning how when he drives past my house (he's a neighbor) he always checks to see if my car is there. Now this.

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't making something out of nothing.
      My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Umm...I'd call it harassment at this point. He checks to see if your car's there and now is following you home?!

Ick.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'd be saying something to your boss about it, that sort of behaviour is unacceptable. At the very least, someone should kindly explain to the bloke why it's creepy and why it won't end well for him. I'm guessing he already knows that though.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
            Just wanted to be sure I wasn't making something out of nothing.
            You're not. And even if you were, the fact remains that even if he means no harm, you don't like it and you feel uneasy. Therefore he needs to stop it.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That's call the police creepy - but kinda hard for them to do anything since he is a co-worker and lives near you.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Start keeping track of dates and times when you see him around your house. This is creepy, no doubt about that. And I hope you also told him in plain language not to follow you again, just to be very clear about it with him.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Start keeping track of dates and times when you see him around your house. This is creepy, no doubt about that. And I hope you also told him in plain language not to follow you again, just to be very clear about it with him.
                  Agreed. Document document document. I would actually speak to the police if he does this again or says he is going to, in order for them to have a history of this on hand in case it escalates. Also inform work. That's seriously creepy.

Comment

He sounds to me like he's got a special place in his basement for you.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, that's not just creepy, it's scary. I'd file a harrassment complaint at work and let the police know what's going on.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        He sounds to me like he's got a special place in his basement for you.
                        It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose AGAIN! [/Billy]
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Well, he does anything else and I'm definately filing a report at work. I haven't yet because I have relationship issues and, well, exchanges like this:

A friend: You should go out with so and so, he's nice.
                          Me: No. I don't like him.
                          Friend: Why, he's a nice guy, got a nice car, is good looking, why not?
                          Me: He's not my type
                          Friend: No one is your type, you're making excuses. Anytime something like this comes up you're making excuses.

Me: *starts to wonder if I'm overreacting or in fact making excuses, at the same time being pissed off because apparently I'm not allowed NOT to be attracted to someone*

So, in the current situation, I start to second guess myself: is he really being creepy, or is it just me putting up the usual barriers and excuses?
                          My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

DOC U MENT..the incident yesterday and be objective, dates times etc. Do try to recall statements from him.

Go to the HR NOW and say something. You can also keep documenting while HR does their thing. Present evidence and kaboom.
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

knocking on your door just tell you
                              " So I wanted to let you know, I follow(ed you home)"

is SUPER CREEPY (and not the kind of super that comes with a cape!)

have a meeting with him and HR - where you can explain that while you're sure he means well, and is just trying to look out for you, it makes you uncomfortable, and you wish that he would stop, and not pass by your house if possible

take down his license plate, make/model/color of his car; don't "Look" for his car, but if you notice it - make a note (date, time, passing, slowing, waiting, etc) - arrange to have a friend stay with you over a weekend, have them "run a few errands" for you, and they take your car... you need to pick them up, so that your car is the only one available, so that if he tries anything, b/c he sees your car gone, and thinks you're not home... you can be aware...

I am not suggesting doing anything that could be seen as a set up or entrapment - you don't want to bait him, you don't want to give a "passive invitation"...

instead you want to play it cool, after the meeting w/ HR - wait for him to ask you "So who was driving your car this weekend? I saw that they left your house several times, but you weren't with them - were you out of town?" type of thing...

then you've got something concrete to take to the police....
                              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                              X