X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to get dirty...

..and gluey!

Because I have about 2-3 weeks in which I have no uni, I decided to have some fun and make something that might even be beneficial for work.

I'm going to make some paper-mache moneyboxes. So far I'm thinking pig, dog and cat. Any other suggestions?

The way I'm thinking of them being helpful at work is that one of the stores in god-knows-where, made a piggybank for their produce department. Kids could put some money in it and get a piece of fruit, with the money going to charities. I'm thinking of a similar idea, but I want to keep the moneyboxes different and interesting.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Elephant?

Monkey?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Dalek! (surprised Joy hasn't piped up with that one yet)

Frog? Pufferfish? Barrel cactus? Barrel! Bowling ball? Raccoon?
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Koala!!! Also, badass idea.

Comment

Quoth TowelKing View Post
          Koala!!! Also, badass idea.
          TK, if you go to a store that does not rhyme with Bowls, there's this concept called a Lantern Pig. Kids could put 50c into it and receive a piece of fruit. The money from it goes to charity. I was thinking of a similar idea.

The idea I'm using is based off of a child's balloon piggybank (where you cover a balloon in paper-mache), but the details will be done with either egg cartons or wire. My body would be the balloon design, then from there, I can make the details from wire or similar. I'm not familiar with using wire for paper mache, hence why I only plan on using the wire for smaller details. Koala could be feasible.

I was actually thinking Pokemon

Comment

how abou fruit? if your use the baloon method , how about an apple, orange or a watermellon?

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
              how abou fruit? if your use the baloon method , how about an apple, orange or a watermellon?
              that could work possibly.

So far I'm gonna stick with the pig. I might make it a fruit salad though and do some paper mache fruits once I get the hang of doing it on a wire frame.

Comment

OK so I started today. Flour and water glue mixture my ass....>_<

I wound up having a go with wire to make ears and actually got the result I wanted! Go me!

Still got a few more layers to do on the rest of it. To keep it simple I'm going to make a pig, which then begs the question-I want to get money OUT of it, how do we go about doing that? I was planning on possibly using the nose as a stopper but not sure, any suggestions?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  I want to get money OUT of it, how do we go about doing that?
                  Piñata? Feed it a firecracker? Tell RetailWorkhorse there's bacon inside?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Piñata? Feed it a firecracker? Tell RetailWorkhorse there's bacon inside?
                    RW would need to fly down to Ausland to do that

I'm thinking that since the bottom of the balloon (where I'm going to pop it) is closely shaped like a snout anyway I'll make a little stopper out of an egg carton and work it out from there. I want the pig to be reusable dammit

If this goes to plan, my next model might be Pikachu or Kirby.

Comment

I never quite got the hang of paper mache'...it never seemed to work for me as well at home as it did in art class.

Oh, and if you're going to make a Dalek, you might as well make a Tardis too. But it doesn't seem like you're really interested in going down that road.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X