This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so grown up

Because I have to go out and by my first fridge. The one the previous owners left here finally died.
    Thankfully I live off of mostly non-perishables (I horde food), so there won't be much wastage. My fake meat and cheese might go (and that stuff ain't cheap) and I GUESS we'll have to drink the beer quicker...

About to pop down to the connivence store and stock up on ice......turning the freezer section in an icebox til I get a chance to get a new one.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

If the perishable stuff went over 40 degrees for more than 2 hours, I'd throw it out. Otherwise, cook it and then freeze it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      If the perishable stuff went over 40 degrees for more than 2 hours, I'd throw it out. Otherwise, cook it and then freeze it.
      No freezer And it was still cool to the touch....everything right now is trapped in the freezer surrounded by ice. Though I'm thinking the veg-meat/cheese is a loss.

And people mock my can-hording habits! HA!! I still have tons of beans...and they are cheap
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Ugh. My fridge died a few weeks ago...except I live in an apartment so I don't have the option of picking out a new fridge. They fixed it the next day (didn't find out until roomie got home from work) but we had to throw out a lot of stuff.

Hopefully come November I will have my own place and my very own fridge
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I recently sold the fridge that came with the house I bought. I had picked a new one up at an auction for dirt cheap. It's a full sized fridge instead of a combo fridge.

Sold the combo fridge for $25. ^_^ I didn't care what I got for it, I just wanted to get rid of it.

I sold it on craigslist, you may want to look there for a "new" fridge to save yourself some dough.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We found a decent one from Lowes for less than $300, with free delivery and pick up of the old one. Will probably go with that is the old fridge cannot be fixed.

Comment

Lucky you, living in the delivery area of a Lowe's. They refused to deliver even after telling them the fridge I wanted (over $800) and offering to pay for delivery.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The freezer seems to be trying to come back......either way.....we are feasting on the fake-meats and cheese today

Comment

I bought my 'fridge from Sears...waaaay back in 2006 or so. The ancient one that came with the house was wearing out, and I wasn't about to waste any more food. Rather than fix it, it had to go. Problem was, that it had to fit between the wall and counter, and under an overhead cabinet. After much searching and measuring, I found a Kenmore that fit my needs. 5 years on, I've had no problems with it.

Now the stove...is another story. That piece of shit needs to die. It's older than I am, and in a *lovely* shade of 1970s yellow. The clock doesn't work, and the oven light doesn't either. In fact, I had to rig up a dial thermometer in there...because the beast no longer "dings" when it hits 400 F. That thing will be replaced soon. Trust me.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Now the stove...is another story. That piece of shit needs to die. It's older than I am, and in a *lovely* shade of 1970s yellow. The clock doesn't work, and the oven light doesn't either. In fact, I had to rig up a dial thermometer in there...because the beast no longer "dings" when it hits 400 F. That thing will be replaced soon. Trust me.
                    Must be from the Sears Harvest Gold series that was popular back when I was born.

I love the vintage stuff like that . . .if I had the room in my kitchen, I'd have one of these.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's gold...but not from Sears. It's an old Tappan "Gallery" model. Oh, and it's not "vintage" either. Trust me, it's junk
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        Must be from the Sears Harvest Gold series that was popular back when I was born.
                        I have a lovely avacado green sink...with a separate tiny sink in the top right that holds the garbage disposal....
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Part of the refund from our first joint return, went to buy a new fridge. Actually it was a retired floor sample that we bought at a Sears outlet store. Needless to say, we got quite a deal on it--marked down to 1/4 normal price because of a cosmetic blemish that you need a bright light to even detect.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Sears Kenmore is a good brand. We decided to go with that one after we heard about a fridge that got washed out of a house during a flood...the owners found it, dried it out, and it still worked.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X