This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /sigh

Today, about a month after her announcement that the cancer was terminal my friend who was battling cancer died. She leaves behind a little girl who's father is non-existent in her life. They had just moved to be closer to family so someone will take her in I'm sure. I thought we had more time. I was preparing a care package for her. I was days away from mailing it too.
    Its a shock. She's been my friend for 10 years. I've only known her online, but we've seen each other through some tough times. I've seen her daughter grow, seen her get out of an abusive relationship, go through a divorce, seen her deal with trying to get child support from her dead beat ex. No more of that now. I hope she has peace, at least she's no longer in pain. She wasn't religious or spiritual so there are no services, no funeral, as if I could go if there were one. There is talk of starting a fund for her daughter, but as broke as all her friends are I don't think we could raise a whole lot. I'm not sure what kind of fund it would be either. A save it till you go to college and let it help with the costs fund? I could see paying towards that.

Sorry rambling. I'm just grief stricken.

Sorry for your loss.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My deepest condolences. *oodles of hugs*
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you, and to that poor little girl.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

*Ponypuppy snuggles*
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Akasa. Big hugs for you, and for your friends daughter.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
            X