X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's (almost) Official:

I'm Divorced!

Well, mostly. Close enough to celebrate though.

Lately I've had conflicted feelings. I've learned things may not have been as clear-cut as they seemed and wasn't sure how to handle this. I mean, obviously we were pretty much done. We let things get so horrible between us, it just didn't seem like there was anything worth saving. In the end, I decided that if she wanted to go, I'd let her go. Because I think we're both better people when we're not together. It sucks, on some level, but that's just how it is. We both deserve to be happy. And I'd rather we be apart and better for it for our kids than try to force ourselves to be together and make them miserable, which I think is what was happening for nearly a year. She never hid her desire to leave from me, or them.

Today I met with my lawyer. He met with her divorce lawyer and her to go over some of the details the other day. Custody has to wait until my case is over (which is looking more and more likely to be dropped entirely). The question came up as to whether or not they should wait until I'm able to be there in person, since I can't now due to the Restraining Order, but my lawyer said that if she wanted a divorce, I wouldn't stop her. And he was right. So at this point, it still has to go through whatever process to become "official," but it's basically a done deal.

I never wanted things to be this way. But this is where we wound up. I wish her well, I hope she finds the happiness elsewhere that I couldn't provide her with. As for me, I'm happy. I think this is best for all of us. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still love her. We would have been married 10 years on the 21st of this month, and we started dating in high school, so almost 15 years together. But things got toxic between us, and for whatever reason she grew very resentful and hostile towards me, while I got angry and miserable about her. Truth be told, I've been missing the woman I married for a few years now. Maybe she can be that person again. I've learned to be a better person, not in spite of her but because it was that or lose myself to the pain inside. I hope she can do the same.

On a lighter note, to all my fellow single ladies here, Hellooooo Nurse!

Kidding. I'm not ready to even think about another relationship right now. Maybe I won't ever be. My heart is fragile, it breaks easy. It's already pretty banged up, and now that this chapter of my life is about to close, maybe it can start to heal.
    Last edited by Kara; 07-07-2011, 01:13 AM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

The best thing my parents ever did for us was get divorced. I'm happy for you. Not happy, glad-this-is-happening, sad-it-needed-to-happen. I wonder if anyone has a word for that. Probably the Germans, they have a lot of awesome words.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You're the second person in a month to say something like this. I'm sorry you had to go though something like this I'm glad it's nearing the end of the struggle part.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

*many many hugs*

I'm glad that you are healing. It sucks that I came to this. But my hope is you will be all the stronger now.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Sounds like a big step in the right direction for you, Kara. That's one hurdle you've come over.

Hopefully the matter of custody and visitation will be settled soon and you can start to see your kids . . . they're going to need a lot of reassurance as well as attention from both parents to cope with everything that's happened.

My parents separated right before I turned 6 (my brother was around 4 months) and we basically got used to just having Mom around (when she wasn't working all the time - Grandma lived with us and raised us) and when we saw Dad, it was a rare treat.

They didn't divorce until I was 14 and had just started high school - Dad wanted to remarry and Mom was more than happy to oblige.

We learn by our experiences . . . it won't be easy by any means but you're about to start a new chapter in this thing we know as life.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Kara, for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Not exactly the same situation, but here to your second chance.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm sorry it had to happen, Kara, but you can heal from this.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Kara, as to your fragile heart, you can let the story of my wife bolster you a little. She got divorced from her previous husband, and had pretty much given up to be on her own. Then she met me.

Not saying I'm the worlds greatest husband, but I do alright.

Point is, keep yourself to yourself for now, give yourself time to heal, but don't give up all the way. You're far too special to keep yourself to yourself, methinks.

Comment

It sounds like you gave it your best shot, Kara. I hope this will mean better things for all of you in the future. Best wishes.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

It stinks that it had to be drawn out and emotionally dramatic and painful-- but it's good that it's getting resolved.
                    (if you want it)
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                    X