Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of a Mother and Her Daughter (Long and Full of Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got off the phone with my counselor. I just felt like calling to let her know she's awesome. And then I wondered how often that happens. Most clients call when they need something. I think that's just something we take for granted sometimes. On that note...

I hear a lot of comments, words of support, and compliments here (and in real life) all the time these days. And in case you didn't know, you guys are awesome too. Every last one of you.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

YAY!!! Im so happy your mom is coming around. Such a big step for the both of you.

Comment

*does a happy dance* Omg! I'm so happy for the both of you! Woot!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

*happy tears, then happy dance*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*be does Snoopy dance

Quoth Kara View Post
            And in case you didn't know, you guys are awesome too. Every last one of you.

Who's awesome? You're awesome!

I already heard most of this in chat but I was all excited when I saw the thread in the list.

See?
            [10:43:PM] be: ooh, yay, kara thread
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Funny how sometimes it's the little things, huh. I am SO glad your mom is starting to come around and really see that this is who you are. -hugs-

I also have no idea how on earth she was gonna steal your girl stuff. Sneak in in the dead of night or something?
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Wow! Between this and your other thread concerning the other woman in your life... it looks as though the clouds and rain are clearing!
                (we need a happy-hug smiley!)
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I am beyond thrilled, but please don't shoot me for the visual this created:

Kara gets knocked down and hogtied by her mom and tossed in mom's car. Mom then nonchalantly gathers up all the 'girly' items and puts them in the trunk. Then she unties Kara and Kara yells 'Mama! I'm cured!' and throws her arms around her mom.

*ducks and runs away*

Mama Kara - we love you - but yeah, I don't think you thought this plan through.

Yeah, I think I need to go to bed.

Kidding aside, major kudos to you both.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    *be does Snoopy dance
                    There better be pics....

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    Between this and your other thread concerning the other woman in your life... it looks as though the clouds and rain are clearing!
                    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's obvious to EVERYONE. And I think that's what is bringing my mom around on the idea. There's only so long you can argue that I'm making a mistake while everything in my life is finally getting back on track (and better than it was before). She did say before she left to go back home that she was happy to see me so happy.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    and Kara yells 'Mama! I'm cured!'
                    I have no doubt at all that this is exactly how she imagined her plan ending.

Mama Kara - we love you - but yeah, I don't think you thought this plan through.
                    Wait, Mama Kara is what my kids called me (at one time).
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Outstanding news, Kara! I'm very happy to hear this.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I am beyond thrilled, but please don't shoot me for the visual this created:
                        K
                        ara gets knocked down and hogtied by her mom and tossed in mom's car. Mom then nonchalantly gathers up all the 'girly' items and puts them in the trunk. Then she unties Kara and Kara yells 'Mama! I'm cured!' and throws her his arms around her his mom.

FTFY

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        *be does Snoopy dance

Quoth Kara View Post
                        There better be pics....

If you insist...
                        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-24-2020, 10:46 PM.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This made me smile so big!!

She's coming around. It's going to take a little while, but she loves you, she wants you to be happy and she wants to understand.

And I can't wear heels anymore either...darn it!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Kara I am SO happy to hear this!!!! *jumping for joy!*
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

That's definitely a big step for your Mom . . . and I'm glad she's taken that with you. I think this will help both of you in the long run.

I'm so glad for you, Girlfriend.

And I can empathize with your sister on the heels, too. I'm a bit out of practice.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I won't veer off track TOO much here (sorry, Kara) - but I indeed MOURN the fact that I can't handle heels anymore.

I used to ROCK some stilletos and platforms, ya'll.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X