Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Stomach and I are no longer friends (not much grossness)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stomach and I are no longer friends (not much grossness)

Right, I don't really need advice on this or anything, as I've already been to the doctor about it but I need to rant.

I hate my stomach.

In fact, the word hate is not actually strong enough for how I feel about that particular organ now.

We used to get along so well. I would put food into it, it would deal with the food exactly as it should. Only then it conspired with my colon to give me diverticulosis. Not as bad as diverticulitis, but still not fun. So fine, I have to avoid some of my favorite foods, such as nuts, broccoli, and brussel sprouts (yes, I do like those things. I am an odd duck, I know).

Even then? That's fine.

But the past couple of days my stomach and I have been arguing, and it has been winning. I fear it may file for separation soon.

Right now I don't want to partake in one of my favorite activities, eating, for fear that the stomach will make yet more daring philosophical arguments I have no defense against. I'm almost considering not drinking tonight on my usual night out because of it.

(I said almost. It's not actually become a fully formed thought yet because I know full well I'm going to, consequences be damned)

>_> so it appears you are seeing a doctor, good...
    but you have only yourself to blame if you drink.
    Just go easy on the sauce? I too have had issues lately, but more in the intestinal regions.
    I hope you feel better sooner rather than later.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

For the love of toast, go to the doctor if it gets worse. I found out I had diverticulitis when I went to the ER and learned the reason I had been in unbearable pain all day was because I had it. And it caused a section of my intestine to blow up. And it suuuuuuuuuuucked. Not sure if it's the same as diverticulosis though.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

They're not the same. Itis means inflammation. Sorry you're going through this. Tummy problems really do suck. I have occasional gallbladder attacks, though luckily only 2 in the last year.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thankfully, my stomach decided to start cooperating with me Saturday morning, so that was nice of it. Then... other parts started to hurt. So now I'm leaving work early after coming in late and am going to get a goddamn heat pad and watch some sappy anime.

What? Don't judge me!

Comment

Working...
          X