Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic levels of failure (somewhat amusing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that type of guy very well.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
      Ahh, how many times did I end up with one of those guys when I was young, naive and lonely myself...the guy who still carried a torch for some ex of his and never failed to tell me all about her but was perfectly willing to have a relationship with me as some sort of consolation prize.
      Oh yeah.

This one came out of the blue as he'd maybe mentioned her twice in the six months we'd been together - I didn't think he was carrying a torch, but guess appearances can be deceiving. Really not gonna put up with this though from anyone, it's not worth it.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
        How is it that you refrained from slapping him in the face? I would have. Then I'd have kicked him down below, and caused a scene in front of everyone just to get back at him.
        And you would have deserved to go to jail for it. Regardless of the provocation, if someone has not offered you physical violence, slapping them and kicking them in the crotch is NOT an appropriate response. Speaking as a man, that really, really, freaking hurts. Not to mention it can prevent the man from having children later. While I realize that the whole gender war thing is more appropriately addressed in Fratching, I feel I must point out as a man that treating my entire gender with disrespect due to the actions of a single individual is rather unfair, as is suggesting that violence against men is justified if they hurt your feelings. If a man's feelings were offended and he responded by slapping the girl in the face and kicking her in the crotch, how would you feel about THAT? Men being battered by violent women may still be much rarer than the opposite, but it does happen. It is not a laughing matter. While there have been many women who have hurt me or been downright cruel to me, I have never posted on here suggesting this makes women inferior to men, or that they should have physical violence inflicted on them to "teach them a lesson."

Comment

Barracuda, your entire post is much more suited to Fratching as it is - please take it there if you really want to have that argument with someone as I don't want people arguing this in my posts.

I also am not happy about the insinuation that wishing you could do that makes you a terrible person. I didn't do it and am not here to be told I'm a bad person for being upset over something shitty that was done to me. I handled the thing calmly and even returned the guy's stuff afterwards even though I would have liked to never see him again.

Comment

Yes, you did. I was responding to Moirae, not insulting you. I think all of us have wished we could do something like that at one time. I was not trying to start an argument, simply responding to a comment that I found insulting. I'm not intending to continue this debate here.

Comment

Right. Drop it now - Barracuda - your post was over the top. If you were offended, use the report button.

Taboo - if you think something is fratching, use the report button.

If I see another post like the 3 above, I will close this thread and there will be infractions.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
                Mostly the client standing there. I was seething at the time.

While this had a ridiculous amount of fail involved, it wasn't the first time something like this happened. But the last time it did, karma fixed it for me. Was cheated on, he left me, married her, she gets pregnant - mutual friend tells me a few months later that when they delivered the baby it wasn't my ex's or his girlfriend's race. Guess that's what you get. :devil:
                gotta love Karma....

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
                  Was cheated on, he left me, married her, she gets pregnant - mutual friend tells me a few months later that when they delivered the baby it wasn't my ex's or his girlfriend's race. Guess that's what you get.
                  Ohhh payback is a bitch! Glad you bailed outta that epic fail boat!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post

While this had a ridiculous amount of fail involved, it wasn't the first time something like this happened. But the last time it did, karma fixed it for me. Was cheated on, he left me, married her, she gets pregnant - mutual friend tells me a few months later that when they delivered the baby it wasn't my ex's or his girlfriend's race. Guess that's what you get.
                    That guy calls to mind Clevon from the movie Idiocracy.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
                      Oh yeah.

This one came out of the blue as he'd maybe mentioned her twice in the six months we'd been together - I didn't think he was carrying a torch, but guess appearances can be deceiving. Really not gonna put up with this though from anyone, it's not worth it.
                      Good, I'm truly glad to hear that
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X