This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies causing allergies...

I found out I have seasonal allergies. Not all the time, just during bad seasons. It came up because of almost 3 days of not being able to breath properly. I wasn't in danger of passing out or anything but it was annoying and wouldn't go away. Finally ran by Convenient Care to get checked out. I was a bit nervous because the dr that came in is one who I've had problems with before. She seemed to get stuck on certain things like the fact that I pop my knuckles. Since I've had a couple of panic attacks before and my primary dr took a while to get past that to see any of my breathing problems as anything more than anxiety.

Luckily she listened and proscribed an allergy nasal spray. It helped fairly quickly and seemed to be working the first couple of days. I forgot to take it yesterday afternoon though and then decided to wait and take it this morning. For some reason, today I can't breath right. *headdesk* This is the Friday before the first week of college classes and I not only answer the main switchboard phone but also take care of assigning keys to people, enter people into our new electronic lock system (60 some entered, over 100 more to go...), and since my coworker is gone I also have to dispatch the officers.

Today is not a fun day to feel slightly lightheaded and low on oxygen. Not looking for medical advice, just frustrated and wanting to complain. I'm able to do my job and if I can't, there is someone hear who could cover for me. And honestly, I'd probably be just as miserable at home. Why did the medicine have to stop working though!?
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

I understand about the not wanting to call out; why not be miserable at work, where you can be distracted, at least? I am soooooo miserable in October that I should call out.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Antihistamines (assuming that's what they gave you) work by reducing the amount of histamine that's circulating in your system.

If you take an antihistamine after the histamine has started to circulate, you have to wait till the existing histamine is either taken up by the antihistamine, or worked its way out of your system.

Go see a pharmacist. Take the medication that isn't helping you with you. The pharmacist should be able to help you understand better how to take it helpfully, or give you a more suitable medication.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well the flonase seems to have finally properly kicked in Just in time too since this is the first week of classes back and dealing with people in that state would have driven me up the wall.

I did go and check with a pharmacist about what I could take until the flonase kicked in and she told me that any of the allergy meds should do fine. I took claritin for a couple of days but honestly have no clue if it helped or not. I'm just glad that I seem to be doing better now.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X