This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death glares to tropical depression #12

Its low enough and moving fast enough and its on the same track as Irene was - but will stay organized throughout its journey across the Atlantic.

Edit: This track puts it a little further north but still, that can change. Pray it stays to the north and gets swirled around in the ocean so its only an affect on shipping traffic.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

TS Katia now. TS Jose was very short lived.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I noticed with Jose, he didn't get much press - everyone paid attention to Irene.

Katia looks like she may stay in the ocean, thank god.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

So there WAS a J storm. I was wondering why they went from I to K! Let's hope Katia there decides to go for a nice long swim to the east, and stays away from land!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Yes, Jose was short lived and was only a threat to Bermuda - I think they called him a "nuisance".

Ensemble models for Katia look very promising for us.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Still a TS, which is good....they thought she'd be a hurricane by now.

I don't trust K storms.....
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              So there WAS a J storm. I was wondering why they went from I to K! Let's hope Katia there decides to go for a nice long swim to the east, and stays away from land!
              I was wondering the same thing...I knew J was Jose (I looked at the hurricane names list while I was listening to the rain and wind on Saturday) but I didn't hear anything about him at all.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Jose came and went when everyone was watching Irene.

Katia is following a similar track that Irene had but she's intensifying faster so she's more susceptible to high level winds most models (well, all but one or two) show her staying in the Atlantic - maybe hitting Bermuda.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                X