This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weekend from hell....

A week ago last Friday, my husband called me at work (my new job). He was ill, and wanted to know if I could come home (for a backstory, hubby has Cancer, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, PTSD, Manic Depression, Ankylosing Spondelitis, Diabetes, and several more issues. When he calls me home, I tend to come home due to all of this)

My new work was totally understanding, the restaurant had closed and we were just cleaning and doing prep, so I came home about 2 hours early. My son called me at home and told me he got a speeding ticket..going 5 miles over the speed limit. Okay, no biggie. Then, he called me back about 1/2 hour later and simply said "I've been in a bad accident". I immediately asked where he was and left to go there.

His car is totaled. The other car is totaled. It was his fault (now, this is the first time he's ever been in an accident that was his fault, so I didn't yell too much). Thankfully, except for bumps and bruises, he is fine.

On Saturday, his roommate needed to go to Walmart and get groceries. Since his car was totaled, I agreed to come get here and take her there. We got to the store and were walking around talking about what we needed, when I slipped in a puddle of water on the floor (no signs, no nothing to indicate to be careful) and fell. Bumps, bruises, owies, and a possible broken hand.

Go to the hospital for xrays. Get a cold from the people in the emergency room. Cold turns into bronchitis.

Cannot work for a week, and had to miss all of my classes last week.

Fortunately, my work was behind me and didn't even ask for a doctor's note (although I had one) and just wanted to make sure I was okay. They told me to quit working so hard as I was still recovering from the bronchitis, and repeatedly told me to take extra breaks so that I didn't get too tired. (I love my new job!)
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

One thing after another!

I'm glad your work is standing behind you; so many employers wouldn't.

I hope everything gets better very soon.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow, talk about a domino effect! I'm happy your job stands by you (there's so many that don't like XCashier said). Feel better! :hugs:
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sounds like you went through your quota of bad luck all in one go. Here's hoping it's all good things from now on. And take care of that bronchitis.....that's nasty and treacherous stuff.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X