Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, PepSquad does not send emails except for the list and activation emails.

For some reason, something is causing the code to fail during the sending process, which means that some people are getting the same list every day, while others have gotten nothing.

I'm actually across the country right now, heading in for an interview shortly. I should be able to get to it tonight, so there will be one more instance of everything being screwy, and then everything should be fine.

While I'm doing the debugging, there may be more copies going out. So, those of you who have gotten it may get it many times more tonight. Even still, I will get it fixed tonight.

Comment

• Thanks Peds, you're the best

Comment

• Thanks, Peds. No wonder why I hadn't gotten the list yet. Thanks for letting us know.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• That would explain why I haven't received the list yet.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Thanks Peds. Good luck on the interveiw.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Since I'm totally broke, I decided to make cards this year. So far, they're looking pretty damn good.
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Announcement: The opt out period has passed for the 2011 Christmas Card Exchange event.

The email containing the PDF of all addresses of the participants
                has been sent to the participants.

The templates to use when printing these addresses are the Avery
                8160 templates. In addition, Avery has a file template that can be
                used to print out your own return address labels. Go to
                http://www.avery.com/ and look for Avery 8160 in the software area.

Reminder: These addresses are private! Keep the PDF itself private
                please!
                Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• Okay, I found/fixed the problem. Was a pretty unique circumstance. Ah well, fixing it is done, and that problem won't be coming back.

Comment

• No list yet, but I get the usual "someone posted in this thread since your last visit" notices.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I never got the list at all. I checked both my in-box and spam.
                      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Well, I fixed the first error, but it would appear that I didn't actually re-enable the email.

Unfortunately, I'm waiting on a shuttle to the airport right now, so can't fix it. With the travel schedule, I might not be able to fix it today.

Worst case, I will get it fixed tomorrow sometime.

I apologize everybody. The exact failure here was a circumstance I hadn't foreseen or tested for. It won't be a problem in the future, at least.

Comment

• Quoth Pedersen View Post
                          Actually, PepSquad does not send emails except for the list and activation emails.
                          It was probably just the reminder that it had posted in this thread, then.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• No list yet, either. Buying the cards today, going to order the stamps this week or else hike it to the post office. I aim to be the first one out.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• Announcement: The opt out period has passed for the 2011 Christmas Card Exchange event.

The email containing the PDF of all addresses of the participants
                              has been sent to the participants.

The templates to use when printing these addresses are the Avery
                              8160 templates. In addition, Avery has a file template that can be
                              used to print out your own return address labels. Go to
                              http://www.avery.com/ and look for Avery 8160 in the software area.

Reminder: These addresses are private! Keep the PDF itself private
                              please!
                              Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• And this time, I watched the logs go flying by. 48 emails were sent out over the past minute. Depending on how long it takes for delivery, everybody should have the list within the next hour. If it's longer than that, something is really really wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X