Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be able to afford it this year. I just quit my job and I"m re-starting the job hunt.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Signed up. Can't wait to see what cards come.
      Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

I'm in! Do I go the expensive route and order handmade, delicious cards from Etsy or do I go the cheap route and pick up boxes of cards for cheap from work? Decisions, decisions...
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          I'm in! Do I go the expensive route and order handmade, delicious cards from Etsy or do I go the cheap route and pick up boxes of cards for cheap from work? Decisions, decisions...
          I'm going the free route with the massive amounts of cards I got in the box 'o stuff my work gives out every year. I'll just have to make sure I don't pack the box since I'll be getting ready to move when the list comes out.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            Delicious is always nice, but keep in mind that 60+ cards is possible. So how expensively delicious youre aiming for is up to you.

Comment

True. Someone on ebay is packs of Hallmark cards for $1, plus s&h. Might go with those.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Then there's me... the cost of toner (I love having a color laser), paper, and time
                And of course, accepting requests for random upside down cards (but as it is that they are random, requests can't be guaranteed )
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I found cute cards at Target last year. They had boxes of 18 cards for about 5 bucks and lots of styles.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'll have to check my wife's stash of cards...the last couple of years, I put a dent in the hoard.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Handmade are possible, just leave yourself enough time. Last year used the hubby's photography (mt rainier). Using the hubby's photo again. Of course this he is a being a geek and it looks like to it is going to be in 3D. Yes there will be glasses.

I married an insane man.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Reminder: Only 24 days remain to sign up for the 2011 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, Pedersen, Sarlon, Ree, Bandit, Elspeth, ArcticChicken, Aethian, Kara, BeenThereDoneThat, JoitheArtist, Gumby30, HappyFun Ball, TawnyMyst, Treasure, Irving Patrick Freleigh, idrinkarum, Kanalah, BookstoreEscapee, Monica, Dasota, taxguykarl, morgana, trailerparkmedic, DGoddessChardonnay, Parrothead, 42_42_42, smileyeagle1021, Grape The Cat, Ironclad Alibi, kansasgal, MadMike, worddork, Camry178, BethB has joined.
                        Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

I am a derp, I didn't check my email and therefore didn't plug in the activation codes. However, 3 times and the codes aren't working for me. Help?

Comment

ralerin: Every time you click the link to join, and it asks you for an activation code, it has generated a new code and sent it to you before you get to see it ask for it. You must, in a different window/email program, get the code from your email, then come back and insert it into the page asking for the code, without reloading that page.

Every time that page gets reloaded, the old code is rendered useless.

If that's not enough, please find me on CS Chat tomorrow sometime, and I'll try to help from there.

Comment

I used to make my own cards using my computer graphics programs/mad skillz and my inkjet printer, but I won't have time this year, so I will be looking for good deals on generic boxed cards. I'll put a little more energy into what I put inside each one.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Reminder: Only 21 days remain to sign up for the 2011 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, Pedersen, Sarlon, Ree, Bandit, Elspeth, ArcticChicken, Aethian, Kara, BeenThereDoneThat, JoitheArtist, Gumby30, HappyFun Ball, TawnyMyst, Treasure, Irving Patrick Freleigh, idrinkarum, Kanalah, BookstoreEscapee, Monica, Dasota, taxguykarl, morgana, trailerparkmedic, DGoddessChardonnay, Parrothead, 42_42_42, smileyeagle1021, Grape The Cat, Ironclad Alibi, kansasgal, MadMike, worddork, Camry178, BethB, Dave1982 has joined.
                                Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

Working...
                                X