Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*falls over from shock, shock I tell you!* Table Top Gamers! To me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *falls over from shock, shock I tell you!* Table Top Gamers! To me!

My husband wants to get rid of his huge collection of gaming books. And when I say huge, I mean huge.

He's got 2nd edition, 3.0, 3.5, and 4th edition Dungeon & Dragons. (PHB, DM guides, Equipment books, etc.)

He has old Shadowrun books.

He even has a RPG based on King Arthur.

He has White Wolf (Vampire and Hunter, I believe).

I think he even has Dead Lands.

Except for the D&D stuff, it's all older stuff (10+ years old).

How do we get rid of this stuff? Used bookstore? Craigslist? Ebay? Go to the local gaming convention and set up a booth and sell our things?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I will be cataloging everything at a later date, so I can give everyone a more detailed picture of what we have.

our FLCS* has a used Gaming Auction every so often. You may want to see if one in your area does something similar.

* Friendly Local Comics Shoppe
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I would say ebay. If people get in a bidding war, you might get more money out of it. Which is always a good thing.
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

I'd go with ebay too. Likely your best bet.

...You don't happen to have Planescape, do you?
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Ebay. But what vampire books does he have? What 2nd and 4th ed DnD does he have?

Exact titles would be appreciated. I may be interested in some. I adore White Wolf, especially vampire. My husband lost most of his vampire books in Katrina. We've regained some of them, but not all.

I used to play 2nd ed DnD madly. For hours on end. I'd love to get some of those books back. We probably won't play it, but they'd be a collectors item for me. I like 4th ed DnD too, but only have the main book.

Might be nice to get Shadowrun too but I think my husband has moved on to the newest edition.

Thanks.

Comment

o___o Do you have any Exalted books? Or L5R?
            (pics of dice? I'm super-picky...)
            :cough:
            ... Here, for one! Internet is really your best bet, it is the congregating point o' nerds... ask around at your local game shops-- like where Mr. Rum got them in the first place. They might take consignments, or let you put up ads.
            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 09-19-2011, 05:17 PM.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Anything interesting?

2nd Ed D&D stuff?
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Like I said, customerssuck.com is perfectly viable to sell on! didn't someone post in the suggestions thread to start up a garage sale thingy?
                Also, make sure you investigate, in depth, recent market prices for these things. Selling something that's worth 5 for 50 and something that's worth 50 for 5 is doing you no service.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I know both Origins and Gen Con have game auctions where you can sell your stuff. I'm not sure about the details, though.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

I've gone through one large crate of books (which I dubbed the Shadowrun cache and oh yeah, we've got a few books that can't fit into the other crates). I also found a plethora of Dungeon magazines (and one Polyhedron magazine).

I'm going to be organizing what I wrote down into an Excel Spreadsheet so I know exactly what we have. Then I'll post or PM people who are interested in the titles we have.

Other crates of books are in the back of our storage area under the stairs. And the books crates are under crates chock full of other stuff. Mr. Rum might have to forego his gym experience this week and get his weigh lifting in by lifting crates and moving stuff around for me.

ETA: Oh yeah, the one gaming store I'm familiar with doesn't do auctions of gaming stuff, but they do have a bulletin board where I can put "For Sale" notices up.

Comment

o___o Yaaayy caches of books! It's like those pictures on the internet of those rooms that are *completely crammed* with books, games and technology-- literally, every inch of the room (shelves, floor... okay maybe not the ceiling) showing a spine of a book or video game... Mothaloooode~!

Comment

Not sure if 35 books is a "cache" or not, but that's how many Shadowrun books I have found so far in that one crate.

I'm really going to have to get Mr. Rum to help me out. The books, even though they were in plastic crates with lids, had some dust on them. And I'm allergic to book dust!

Comment

35 qualifies as a cache of gaming books.
                          They aren't quite like regular books; more than 10 and it's like having a (floor-to ceiling) bookcase full of other books, from what I can tell. You can certainly make more stories than a bookcase... Wizards of the Coast has been doing their best to entice more money from people via their sourcebooks... and constant revamping, seriously, I'd just gotten into 3.5 and then they changed it... oy...
                          ... how many other books are there? I didn't even know Shadowrun had that many books... does he have all of them?? Or duplicates??

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                            35 qualifies as a cache of gaming books.
                            They aren't quite like regular books; more than 10 and it's like having a (floor-to ceiling) bookcase full of other books, from what I can tell. You can certainly make more stories than a bookcase... Wizards of the Coast has been doing their best to entice more money from people via their sourcebooks... and constant revamping, seriously, I'd just gotten into 3.5 and then they changed it... oy...
                            ... how many other books are there? I didn't even know Shadowrun had that many books... does he have all of them?? Or duplicates??
                            On a side note: I love D&D 3.5, but I loathe 4.0.

Anyway, of the 35 Shadowrun books we have, 3 are the main books. 1 Second Edition and 2 Third edition. That leaves 32 of them being sourcebooks. Though I'm not sure which editions the sourcebooks belong to. Mr. Rum might now, but I'm not sure.

Amazon.com has a lot of the books being sold through them via various people/retailers. At least one (the boxed version of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Tomes Return to the Tomb of Horrors, I can sell for approximately $80). Some others, I can get anywhere between $5-$20 each.

Comment

What about White Wolf and and main 2nd ed DnD book?

Comment

Working...
                              X