Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*falls over from shock, shock I tell you!* Table Top Gamers! To me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see a copy of the list when you're done too. Hubby's specifically looking for Planescape, but we also like D&D and World of Darkness stuff (though I'll pass on Vampire).

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    On a side note: I love D&D 3.5, but I loathe 4.0.
    I've determined that those are very polarizing game lines. Me? I actually like both, for differing reasons. Still need to give 4th a good run with our group of friends, rather than via scattered groups here and there, so we can see how it handles proper roleplaying (as opposed to combat-heavy sessions).
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I don't like the way the characters are set up in 4.0. Maybe it's just me, but I played one mod with a DM that I've played with before in a 3.5 setting. He went from fantastic DM with role-playing to a so-so DM with roll-playing. If I wanted power gaming, I'd go back to playing 2.0. That's really all 4.0 is good for. And power gaming gives me a headache.

Comment

For those lamenting the 3.5-to-4.0 change, I would suggest trying Pathfinder. We often refer to it as 3.75, and it has some serious support right now.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Pathfinder is awesome! I love how they rebalanced the archetypes. 4.0 just seems to MMO'ish for me. I play a rogue to be a skill monkey, not a flanking backstabber.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Pathfinder is awesome, but I miss Warlock and the 3.0 whip rules (in 3.0 whips were treated as both handheld and ranged, so you could apply Point Blank Shot and other bow feats to them).
            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              For those lamenting the 3.5-to-4.0 change, I would suggest trying Pathfinder. We often refer to it as 3.75, and it has some serious support right now.
              Heheh. Our group called Pathfinder "D&D 3.6." That's the system I'm running our current game in. We'll see which system we go with next, since my campaign's almost done and we're rotating DMs again.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Count me as one of the people who really likes 4e. It feels much more balanced than 3.5. The only annoyance is that you really have to use a combat map.

Of course, we almost never use rules for the role-playing aspect.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Count me as one of the people who really likes 4e. It feels much more balanced than 3.5. The only annoyance is that you really have to use a combat map.

Of course, we almost never use rules for the role-playing aspect.
                  The "balance" is actually my issue with it. 3.5/Pathfinder just feels more heroic, which is what I want in a fantasy game.

Although I do have plans for a .hack-style game where the game takes place in the real world and in a MMO universe. 4.0 would work well for the MMO characters for that half of the game.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

BUMP

Sorry in the delay to getting through more of Mr. Rum's books, but some of you might remember that Child Rum had walking pneumonia, and then I caught something from her. And well, we started to wade back into the boxes that hold Mr. Rum's books. And we found some more.

Talking about Pathfinder, we have the "Rise of the Rune Lords Adventure paths 2-6". Not sure why we don't have 1, but it might be in another box, though if we had it, we'd have had it with the others (probably, hopefully). So that's all the Pathfinder we've been able to find so far.

Also found Dungeons & Dragons 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 editions of books and modules (also known as "adventures"). We have a few of the RPG Starter Boxed Sets. So far, I've found the PHB for both 3.0 and 3.5. Monster Manuals (I) and III for 3.5.

As I said, we're still going through boxes and bookshelves but I just wanted everyone to know that I have not forgotten about this project!

Comment

Working...
                    X